It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
(male)

RED RONIN HB User
Question Ejection Fraction Rate 35%, what am I up against?

I went to see my cardiologist today and he told me my pacemaker and heart valve are doing fine and within specs. Unfortunately, there was some bad news too concerning my echo results. I was told my ejection fraction rate was 35% instead of 55% or better for a healthy heart. My heart has declined 20% after the infection and heart surgery. The doc put me on lisinopril and metoprolol succinate. So, I tried to get him to be a little honest with me..but...he kept dodging or skirting the questions. I am male..50 years old..50 pounds overweight.. and.. no vices. The question I ask is how am I really doing? Should I be concerned or really concerned. Would really appreciate honesty and candor here. I just want to know what Im up against

The Following User Says Thank You to RED RONIN For This Useful Post:
tmulcahy (04-26-2012)
Old 09-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Ejection Fraction Rate 35%, what am I up against?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED RONIN View Post
.... I was told my ejection fraction rate was 35% instead of 55% or better for a healthy heart. ... I am male..50 years old..50 pounds overweight.. ... I just want to know what Im up against
The best thing one can do for their heart and their health is eat a healthy, low calorie, small meal diet..... AND do "appropriate" exercise, in my opinion as a fellow heart patient.

I've had heart failure for over 20 years. My health continued to worsen as I aged from my 50's into my 60's, with swelling of my legs, ankles and feet; constant breathing problems; chest pains, high blood pressure and fatigue.

I started eating a very healthy diet in December 2004, and then slowly and gradually increased daily exercise until today, where I am doing at least 150 pushups, 500 steps, 160 weight curls, 120 weight lifts, one hour power walk and a few minutes on a stationary bike per day; and instead of approaching age 70 sickly, I am doing and feeling very well. My cholesterol and triglycerides are at very healthy levels, without medication, and my average blood pressure is around 117/69 with only a small dose of one blood pressure medication.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 09-25-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread