It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
(male)

lfcDamo HB User
Keep getting pain in chest - like pulled muscle

Hi All,

Every couple of months I get a pain in my chest, like a pulled muscle. Its around the centre of my chest. The pain is only really felt if I move my arms (either crossing them or stretching them behind my back), breath right out, or lean forward. It feels almost like something is pushing on the back of my ribs, or like a pulled muscle, but it happens even when I haven't been lifting anything or doing anything strenuous.

I work with computers, and spend most of my time sat in my computer chair, and I wonder whether that might have something to do with it (I have a horrible habit of slouching).

However, I also have high cholesterol. A couple of months ago it was up to 8.1, but I hadn't been taking my tablets at the time (after getting over forgetting to take them at night, I started forgetting to get more when I ran out). I've been taking the tablets for the last couple of months and had another bloodtest last week, and am going to be phoning for the results tomorrow. Obviously this is a big concern, whenever I get any sort of pain in my chest I worry it could be a heart attack. However the fact this happens quite regular and I don't end up having a heart attack makes me think it's not this.

I have been to the doctors about it a while back, but he just took my blood pressure and said it was nothing to worry about - however, I would like to know what it is and why I keep getting it.

Does this type of pain sound familiar? Is it possible that it's a symptom of heart disease or a heart attack, or would the pain be more constant and not only when I cross or stretch my arms, lean forward or breath out? I've had it all day today.

Another thing that I would assume is completely unrelated is that I seem to be getting the hiccups very regularly. I had it a few years ago where whenever I ate it felt like the food was getting stuck, I'd end up with a bad case of hiccups where I would eventually end up bringing up the food. It seems to go away, but has returned over the last couple of months, with the latest occasion coming today (again I ended up vomiting, which seems to be the only way of getting rid of them). Could this be related to the chest pain (blocked airway or something)? As I say, I assume its unrelated, but don't know for sure.

I'd appreciate any advice. I know its stupid to think like this but I don't want to keep bothering the doctor if it's something that I don't need to worry about.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
(male)

lfcDamo HB User
Re: Keep getting pain in chest - like pulled muscle

Oops, apologies, after doing more searching on google about this I found an almost idential post to this, and thought it sounded very familiar. I then noticed it was my post from July 2008 when I was having the same problem, forgot I'd posted it (under a different username).

At the time I got a reply saying it was probably down to stress, which still sounds about right. I'm in a lot of debt, have lots of work on (including work I do in my spare time to get rid of the debts, which has now caused more problems because the taxman is after me) and we have a second child on the way (my wife has been quite ill with it (including being in hospital with dehydration) so I've been carrying out most of the household chores too), so it's safe to say I am quite stressed right now.

Is this the most likely cause of this type of pain?

Old 01-02-2010, 06:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Keep getting pain in chest - like pulled muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcDamo View Post
At the time I got a reply saying it was probably down to stress, which still sounds about right. ... Is this the most likely cause of this type of pain?
Stress, of course is a killer, but, if I had to guess, a lot of your problems are being caused by your diet. A diet too rich in calories, especially Carbohydrates, can cause a Metabolic Imbalance which can cause all kinds of mayhem in our bodies and subsequently do damage and cause health problems throughout our bodies.

There are many MANY diseases and health problems that can be linked to our unhealthy diets.

Regards, and best of luck and health for 2010!

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Closed Thread