It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
(female)

FLsWomen HB User
21 yr old ex-cocaine addict, heart attack

I am 21 yrs old, I used crack and IV cocaine (shot-up) for 7 years. I have been clean for 6 months since my last relapse where I OD'd and had a heart attack. About two months ago, I started having severe chest pain. I always have palpatations that scare me but they were getting worse too. I put it off for a long time (I was having these issues ever since the OD but they were getting worse). I went to the ER and they did any EKG and told me I had a
1st degree AV-block and my heart rythm was pausing at certain points (I forget the term they used). I went to the cardiologist once and they wanted to do a stress test and some other tests but I never went back. Is this a serious problem or not very serious in your opinions? I am just starting my life and I am looking forward to my life with my fiance and my college degree. I hate going to the doctor but I dont want to die of a heart attack or something because of my stupid choices in the past.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: 21 yr old ex-cocaine addict, heart attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLsWomen View Post
I went to the cardiologist once and they wanted to do a stress test and some other tests but I never went back. Is this a serious problem or not very serious in your opinions?
It's extremely difficult for your fellow heart patients, here at Healthboards, to diagnose the overall health of your heart, especially when taking into consideration that medical professionals require additional testing in order for them to make a better diagnosis.

I'm sure that the obvious question is, how much damage was done to your metabolism, heart and health by the cocaine?

If it were me, I would do as much research as I could into the harmful effects of cocaine; and would want to get as much "professional" diagnosis and help as I could

I congratulate you for the difficult accomplishment of kicking cocaine and for working hard at creating a better life for yourself. I hope that your current health/heart problems are temporary in nature, and start to improve as you lead a healthier lifestyle.

Best regards for your future and your health. Take care......

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 01-28-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread