It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
(male)

kyomagi HB User
Palpitations with no other symptoms

First off i have history of PVC's controlled with medication. Tonight i had something happen to me that im unfamiliar with. I had been palpitation feelings in my chest that come with NO other symptoms, No dizzyness, no lightheaded ness, no pains or anything I had been taking my pulse becuase i wanted to make sure my HR was done since i have been sick and i have had no skips, so they are just palpitations with a normal heart beat. I went to check my blood pressure and it was high, probably cause i was scared. Note that i actually felt more of the little palps in my chest that was faster, but my heart beat when i was checking it durning this particular even was unchanged and normal.

Normally a palp would feel like a big THUD, these felt different, kind of like when you get a gruggle in your stomach, but i felt that in my breast, again, with a normal heart beat. I went to the er over a month and a half ago for the same feeling, and after some blood tests, chest xray and ekg, everything turned out ok and they sent me home.

Am i just being paranoid?

Old 02-21-2010, 07:30 AM   #2
(female)

ruzalily HB User
Re: Palpitations with no other symptoms

Paranoid? Definitely not. These are uncomfortable and scary feelings, which although usually benign, cause a great deal of stress to those of us who experience them! It has been my experience that heart skips, jumps, palpitations, etc., come in all shapes and sizes. I have had thuds, what feels like flutters, and plain old very rapid heartbeat. Unfortunately for me, sometimes the PVC's will trigger a run of SVT. Also, my episodes can be influenced by what I eat, what position I'm lying in, lack of sleep, and most of all - STRESS. As strange as it sounds, I eat very small amounts of food because when my stomach is too full or irritated by something (warmer than room temperature, spicy, acidic, etc.), it makes my PVC's worse. Did this happen after you ate? You have had the reassurance that you have benign heart arrythmias (like I have), but it doesn't make the episodes any less stressful or scary. You mentioned being on medication for PVC's. What is it and are you still taking it? If not, maybe talking to your doctor about getting back on it would be helpful. I was just about to post a question about that myself. Maybe you can answer that one for me : - ) Lily

Last edited by ruzalily; 02-21-2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: added text

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
(male)

sico HB User
Re: Palpitations with no other symptoms

I also thought it was due to a full tummy, but after last night I am not sure.
I had the worst night of my life.

Before I could eat I got this sudden ripple or fast rumble feeling in my chest and felt dizzy. Checked my heartbeat and it was racing at 130 bpm.
Went to bed and had no sleep for 11 hours as it was racing all the time.

I went to the toilet in the morning and did the "press thing" and it converted to 60 bpm. BUT it now decided to hop skip and jump. Like continual head rushes.
Plus I started sweating even though it was cool. Put the fan on and went back to sleep for 2 hours. Woke up and all is normal.

I slept in my clothes as I thought that if I die, I would be clothed.
A very bad night for me.
I am now scared to go to bed tonight.

Closed Thread