It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2010, 07:13 AM  
(female)

cailin22008 HB User
Unhappy Gurgling along with fast heartbeats?

I am a 30 year old female whom is going through her second pregnancy. Although I have a appt next week with my family doctor to check for anything abnormal, I though maybe I can get some peace of mind before I go.

In oct, I went to the dr and everything was checked out normal (basically Im a healthy female). I even was hooked to a heart moniter to check my heart this was also done so with my 1st child, nothing abnormal.

I noticed however I occassionally but daily feel this gurgling feeling in my chest, almost like my heart is working overtime (if that is the case) Sometimes the heartbeats will increase even if I am not doing anything, and I feel it as well.

I am 32 weeks pregnant- I most likely have heartburn and acid reflux, but not sure if those could be associated or if there could be extra strain on my heart?

I do not excercise other then walk and do not have stress.

Any advice is helpful, thanks

Old 02-27-2010, 10:16 AM  
(male)

sico HB User
Re: Gurgling along with fast heartbeats?

Welcome to the Stress Club.
The gurgling feeling is perhaps the heart flutters. ie the skipped beats. 20 % of the population has this. Quite benign. But have it checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2010, 12:49 PM  
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User

What happened to you happened to me 18 years almost to the day ago that started when I was pregnant. I ended up with 18 years of fast heart rhythm (svt). Often the pregnancy and the hormones will bring out the fact that you do have a heart rhythm disorder. Yesterday, I had a cardiac ablation and they found out I had AVNRT. If you find out you have a heart rhythm disorder do the ablation. Don't suffer for 18 years needlessly like I did. The drugs mess you up, the ER is not a fun place to visit on occasion and the 9000 things they tell you to do to bring it down don't always work. Ablation works and it takes one day. Mine started just like yours did, exactly.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:53 PM  
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User

Mine also started during the second pregnancy. See an electrophysiologist, get a diagnosis. Lots of women with underlying heart rhythm problems find them during pregnancy. But don't panic either it will be fine but after delivery when your hormones drop it can go into a really fast arrythmia so see the electrophysiologist. After the baby comes do the ablation, quick, 100% cure. Otherwise it's years of having a problem that's quite annoying.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:46 AM  
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

hi
what is an ablation?

I have problems with mitral valve regurgitation,asthma...and it all started when I started perimenopause and I'm now almost 3 yrs. post menopausal...so I just would like to know what an ablation is.

I agree with the other posters...your hormones do affect your heart.Please take care...I'm sure your drs. will help you with whatever is going on with your heart.

scout

Old 02-28-2010, 12:07 PM  
(male)

ofacto HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout316 View Post
hi
what is an ablation?

I have problems with mitral ,asthma...and it all started when I started perimenopause and I'm now almost 3 yrs. post menopausal...so I just would like to know what an ablation is.

I agree with the other posters...your hormones do affect your heart.Please take care...I'm sure your drs. will help you with whatever is going on with your heart.

scout
An ablation is a procedure where they go in a destroy the small section of heart muscle that is causing an abnormal rhythym. It can now be done by guiding a catheter thru blood vessel until it reaches the heart, so it does not require open heart surgery.

For people with abnormal mitral valves, I believe medication or surgery (valve replacement or repair) are the only current treatment options