It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
(female)

Dawn333 HB User
a new diagnoses I need help

I'm trying to figure out what this dx is paroxysmal tachycardia. When I looked this up it says atrial or ventricular.. I'm really confused. Cause mine doesn't say either.
My doctor put me on a holter and didn't mention this diagnoses. So I was kinda trying to figure this one out on my own.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User
Re: a new diagnoses I need help

It's basically some form of supraventricular (above the ventricles) tachycardia that they usually can't diagnose unless you get an EP Study. If you do that it is surgery but when they see what you have they can often cure it 100% as in my case (I just posted about my surgery).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
(female)

Dawn333 HB User
Re: a new diagnoses I need help

Congrats on the successful Surgery! I was told to have ablations awhile back ago with different issues (frequent pvc's). I think I feared the doctor more then the procedure. My new doctor I have now I am totally comfortable with, like you. I have to say you are one brave person. Though, I don't think I could watch the stuff going up in the heart either. They would have me passed out haha I'd be ok just yacking to the the doc while he was doing it.

My new doctor is suggesting a stress, echo and then a cath. I'm not 100% sure why, only because I have been having chest pain, and sometimes dizziness. But, I do believe if it comes down to it I think I'd just have that procedure you had, just to get rid of the problem. Being on medication for the rest of my life is not my ideal plan lol

Thank you so much for that information. It really helped.

Closed Thread