It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
(male)

freeflyer HB User
prolonged ectopics

Hi all.. i've had the occasional pronounced ectopic for about fifteen years, sometimes they go on for a few minutes with every few beats skipped, but i've got used to them. They werent regular, about once every two weeks or so, for just a few beats and about 30 seconds.

Yesterday, they started between every 4 and every 20 beats, and continued, and continued, all day , without a break. Eventually after six hours i got fed up and rang NHS direct who obviously told me to go to A+E. I did this, had ECG etc etc, and was told you're fine, its just ecctopics. I went home, still having them, and went to sleep.

It's now 24 hours later and they're still going on.. sometimes i get a break of a minute or two, but then they come back with every few beats again.

I can cope with them normally, but this is a bit much.. 24 hours constantly and showing no sign of stopping.. i'm getting concerned now

Last edited by freeflyer; 03-09-2010 at 07:42 AM.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

t_411 HB Usert_411 HB Usert_411 HB User
Re: prolonged ectopics

That's how mine used to be. In my late 20's I had them only a few times a year for a few seconds. I didn't know what they were then. Years went on and they stayed the same till I turned about 33/34. I started to have PAC's a couple times a month but still no big deal.

At 34 I got pregnant. 2 months in I had them constantly so went to ER. My potassium, sodium and magnesium were on the low side. We dealt with it and they went away for a while. When they'd come back I figured it was either potassium, magnesium or sodium issues so I'd try to eat like crazy to keep up with my nutrition needs. Anyway, I had my son. It's been 7 months now and I've had them nearly every day with a break of only about 3 weeks.

Not too long ago I was having them like crazy! I was also having chest pain on the left side, left side shoulder and shoulder blade pain, and shortness of breath. I figured I pulled a muscle and was having PAC's too. After 4 days of suffering with it being like that I went to the ER and found my PAC's have progressed to PVC's. I didn't even know that was possible....
My potassium, magnesium, and sodium were all normal. I'm not a drug user so nothing there to make it go crazy, no alcohol, no caffiene..... Anyway, I have found out that one irregular heart rhythm can lead to others. My PAC's led to PVC's and if PVC's lead to anything down the road it'll be bad because it only gets worse from there. Like A-fib, VT, etc.. They do get worse as you age as well. How quickly that happens is different from person to person.

I have asthma so can't do beta blockers. I have low blood pressure so can't do calcium channel lockers.
I might opt for cyroablation. I'll know in a few weeks and will post on the heart boards here about my success or failure with it.
Hope you get better!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread