It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
(male)

cubeus19 HB User
Sinus Tachycardia treatment question...

Hello everyone, I was wondering, does anyone know if there are any natural treatment options for sinus tachycardia, such as, would vigerous cardiovascular exercise over the course of months help cure someone of sinus tachycardia? If not, are there any other options than per se beta blockers for sinus tachycardia? Anyway, I thank you all for your time and for your answers. Take care.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:49 AM   #2
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User
Re: Sinus Tachycardia treatment question...

There are no permanent cures for tachycardia other then an ablation surgery. I love alternative medicine and I did get magnesium shots for awhile that seemed to help some but after 18 years of trying everything to keep my AVNRT in check nothing helped and it got worse. I had the ablation surgery and I'm pretty sure I'm cured! I'm not sure what type of SVT you have but honestly the surgery is simple, safe and I wish I would have done it sooner. Even drugs are not a permanent cure and can be more dangerous then surgery. The reason I ended up with the surgery is the drugs almost killed me a few times when I had a ventricular arrythymia that was drug induced. And I've read about so many side effects that people have had from them like I did. Plus they work then they don't, they seem OK then you have side effects. I recommend finding an electrophysiologist and seeing if ablation surgery will cure your type of SVT. What the odd are. Best Wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to lltomich For This Useful Post:
hbarritt (02-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2010, 03:55 AM   #3
(female)

Oh, sorry, I forgot to address the exercise. I exercised during my years with SVT's and it didn't make a different either way. The times I was lazier versus the times I worked out a lot the SVT's still happened. They aren't related to exercise. Seriously, do the ablation if the doctor thinks you are a good candidate if you really want to end this problem. I am not a doctor and I can't diagnose but if you have SVT and not some other more difficult heart rhythm problem and you want to be free of this problem (and I recommend it) the ablation is relatively simple and most importantly you will get your life back. When there is a treatment available to possibly cure a problem why suffer!

Old 03-11-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
(male)

cubeus19 HB User

Say, do you also think if I get this done I'll be able to get off of beta blockers? Also, according to my doctors, they think my sinus tachycardia is caused by anxiety or over production of adreneline, would the alabation surgery help that per se? Thank you for your time.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sam78 HB User

cube... unfortunately the advice that llto has given is not currect. If you have just SINUS tachycardia... then it is different than SVT or anything like AVNRT. Sinus tachycardia originates from your sinus node and is common as a result of anxiety or neurologically produces. An ablation, unless it was a sinus node modification, would not help. Rarely do they do ablations for sinus tachycardia. If it is truely an SVT that originates somewhere else within the atria then yes, an ablation could possibly cure it. However if you are indeed have just sinus tachycardia... about the only treatment is to treat the cause... such as anxiety control... and control of the neurological stimulant (ie why a beta blocker is usually prescribed- also the "extra adrenalin"). I would encourage you to focus on trying to control those causes as opposed to thinking about controlling your heart rate.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
(female)

Thanks, Sam! I was definitely incorrect! SVT's have a minimum heart rate of 140 and up. If the heart rate (at rest and not during exercise) is 100 - 140 bpm it would be sinus tachycardia not SVT. I have never had an SVT attack that was less then 160 normally mine were 180 - 230 with AVNRT. Gosh I had this for 18 years can't believe I made that error. As soon as I read your post I realized it, teach me to respond on my iphone. Best Wishes.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:26 PM   #7
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam78 View Post
cube... unfortunately the advice that llto has given is not currect. If you have just SINUS tachycardia... then it is different than SVT or anything like AVNRT. Sinus tachycardia originates from your sinus node and is common as a result of anxiety or neurologically produces. An ablation, unless it was a sinus node modification, would not help. Rarely do they do ablations for sinus tachycardia. If it is truely an SVT that originates somewhere else within the atria then yes, an ablation could possibly cure it. However if you are indeed have just sinus tachycardia... about the only treatment is to treat the cause... such as anxiety control... and control of the neurological stimulant (ie why a beta blocker is usually prescribed- also the "extra adrenalin"). I would encourage you to focus on trying to control those causes as opposed to thinking about controlling your heart rate.
Yes, my error. I know the difference quite well after having a congenital heart issue for years. Thanks for your clarification. There are a number of reasons for sinus tachycardia. It can be simply that someone is out of shape, it can be caused by viruses or illness (which can be temporay), anxiety or even having a nightmare if it happens at night.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
(male)

hbarritt HB User

That was helpful to me. My 30 day chest holter showed some sinus tach. When I feel calm, I don't think I have the Tach. I was checked for the hyperaldosterorism, and Phenochromosytomas and both came back negative. I know I am low on Magnesium and cannot seem to absorb it. And I also tested high in lead.

I'm interested in what you said about the adrenaline though. Because when I have the tach, I feel racey and spiked.

Closed Thread