It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
(male)

smyrnaboy HB User
Palpitations when stand or sit?

After either sitting or standing for a period of time? I get this when I get up from my desk or the couch, or when I sit back down after standing. Sometimes with exercise. They are skipped beats, sometimes in pairs. Had an EKG, nuclear scan and blood work done back in October. All clear. Am on 10 mg of Lexapro for anxiety, 10 mg of Zocor and 10 mg of Singular for asthma. Also have gerd, for which I take Prilosec OTC. Am 36, male, 5'11" and 160 lbs. Ejection fraction is 78, resting heart rate 68 and bp 120/72. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2010, 04:43 AM   #2
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User
Re: Palpitations when stand or sit?

When I was researching my condition (AVNRT) I read about a condition where your heart rate would change when sitting or standing and they said you would get a tilt table test to check for it. The conditions was POTS. Those with it have SVT's when they sit or stand and I believe a change in blood pressure as well. I believe a cardiologist does this type of testing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread