It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Anyone with Tachycardia Take Wellbutrin??

My Dr called back aftr I called having an emotional breakdown and he told me to go up to 450mg of the Wellbutrin. I am currently taking 150 in am and 150 in evening. He also wants me to take the whole 450 at once in the morning. So tomorrow I am suppose to go from 150 in the am to 450! What worries me the most is tachycardia. I was dx with SVT or IST about 6 years ago and have taken a beta blocker since.

Anyone else in this situation??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User
Re: Anyone with Tachycardia Take Wellbutrin??

If you have SVT I would go to an electrophysiologist and see if you are an ablation candidate. That often (depending on the type of SVT) means no more medicine. After 6 years why continue to suffer! I had an ablation and now I feel like I got a heart transplant. I can't even believe this is my heart...calm and quiet...LOVE it! Medicine is dangerous and put me into a ventricular tachycardia (adenosine) and that's why I had the ablation best thing I did in 18 years of suffering. So simple, a few hours and your whole life changes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Re: Anyone with Tachycardia Take Wellbutrin??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lltomich View Post
If you have SVT I would go to an electrophysiologist and see if you are an ablation candidate. That often (depending on the type of SVT) means no more medicine. After 6 years why continue to suffer! I had an ablation and now I feel like I got a heart transplant. I can't even believe this is my heart...calm and quiet...LOVE it! Medicine is dangerous and put me into a ventricular tachycardia (adenosine) and that's why I had the ablation best thing I did in 18 years of suffering. So simple, a few hours and your whole life changes!
Ugh. I wish I didnt have to take meds anymore!! I did go to an EP...he was actually the one who said that he thinks it was "just" IST and that I was not an ablation candidate.

Closed Thread