It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
(male)

Dogmai HB User
Exclamation Advice needed - strange heart pulse/blood oxygen levels

Hi,

I would appreciate some advice. The background: After feeling exhausted for a long while, I have recently been diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). I have started using a CPAP machine when I sleep to reduce the number of apneas. I have been using the machine for about 3 weeks now, but am not feeling any benefit. My diagnosis of OSA was after a sleepy study when a pulse oximeter was attached to my finger while I slept, and this had shown oxygen desaturation of more than 4% for 10 seconds, about 37 times an hour (when I was having apneas).

I was curious to see what my spo2 readings would be now whilst on the machine, so I purchased a reputable one which logged data as I slept and which allowed the data to be uploaded to software on the PC. The data for the first 2 nights looked okay, only about 8 events per night. Then the data for the third night showed something strange. At first I dismissed it as a misreading of the oximeter, but when I thought about it later, that did not make sense as the data was showing a massive drop in spo2 while at the same time my pulse rate went up to about 250bpm, which could be plausible? This lasted for about 45 minutes. The spo2 and pulse then returned to normal, before another similar episode about an hour later.

Can someone please let me know what they think it could be? Could this be happening to me on a regular basis, thus making me exhausted?

I would be very grateful for your thoughts.

Many thanks to you,
Dogmai

Last edited by moderator2; 03-12-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: please do not post pictures - as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread