It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
(male)

mrhills HB User
paranoid about heart problems..

hi.. didnt really know where to post this thread as im concerned about a couple of things basically relating to the health of my heart... im 20 years old, 6ft 1 and about 62 kgs, which im aware is significantly underweight.

recently i have become very paranoid about the health of my heart, which has mainly sprung from (and i dont take pride in admitting this, but its an important part of the genuine concerns i have) the intake of the legal drug (in england) mephedrone, which similarly to cocaine, increases the heart rate signficantly. it isnt so much irregularity of my heartbeat that has concerned me, but more the fact that my lifestyle could be causing me a big problem.

when i say lifestyle, i dont mean the use of legal highs as this was just the reason for the beginning my concerns and awakening me to potential health issues, and i no longer take any substances that would be a trouble to my body. i mean complete lack of exercise and very poor and fatty diet, yet my body weight is very low. my metabolism seems normal so i eliminated that as a reason. i very rarely eat healthy food or exercise. despite this, i dont eat large amounts of food per day, but the food i do eat is fatty.

i was wondering basically if im just completely paranoid, or my diet and exercise, yet very low weight, could be a health concern? and if so, how immediate? the more i think about my heart the worse i tend to feel about it. and also does anybody know what the chances are of my past use of a cocaine-type heart beat increasing drug such as cocaine causing immediate death? (not regular or heavy use)

thanks to anybody who can come up with any sort of answer to kill my worries slightly!

Last edited by mrhills; 03-17-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: paranoid about heart problems..

Google 'sudden cardiac death' or 'sudden cardiac arrest'

Believe me, if you're going to have a cardiac arrest you probably won't know it ..
I guess stopping the drugs is a good thing maybe you haven't caused any long term damage.

If it really worries you, go and talk to your doctor.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User
Re: paranoid about heart problems..

As a person that just had an ablation for AVNRT a heart rhythm disorder and someone that has never taken drugs or even used alcohol and still had 18 years of misery while being a saint with her body, I have to say that it is extremely foolish to take advantage of your health. Have you ever heard of A-Fib? Well, taking medicine, espicially cocaine like medicine will cause it. A-Fib is a very dangerous heart rhythm problem and your behavior puts you at much higher risk. I would recommend that you stop worrying about your heart and instead start worrying about taking care of your drug issue and weight so that you never do have a heart problem like so many on these boards. I think it's great you are concerned and I hope that concern turns into getting serious help to end the drug habit which probably should be your # 1 worry at this point in time. Best Wishes.

Closed Thread