It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

svackova HB User
Question Symptoms of POTS?

I'm a 25 year old female and have been struggling with lightheadedness for the past three months. It's non-stop 24/7. It's also accompanied by intense tension headaches and pain in the back of my neck. I have gone to the doctor several times and they insist that it's just from anxiety and they sent me to physical therapy to help with the neck pain. I've had all kinds of blood work done and everything came back fine. My headaches have somewhat improved, however, my lightheadedness feels like it's getting worse. I can barely stand in line at the grocery store or at the bank. I have borderline prolonged QT which I have been taking Inderal LA for for 10 years and after several EKGs, holter tests, echos, stress tests, all cardiologists agree that it's not from the prolonged QT. I've been reading about POTS and I'm starting to think I have it. I have the lightheadedness and the inability to stand for long periods of time, but my heart rate does not increase when I stand up like it does in people who suffer from POTS. Any ideas or thoughts? I'm only 25 and I can't live my life like this! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 03-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #2
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User
Re: Symptoms of POTS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svackova View Post
I'm a 25 year old female and have been struggling with lightheadedness for the past three months. It's non-stop 24/7. It's also accompanied by intense tension headaches and pain in the back of my neck. I have gone to the doctor several times and they insist that it's just from anxiety and they sent me to physical therapy to help with the neck pain. I've had all kinds of blood work done and everything came back fine. My headaches have somewhat improved, however, my lightheadedness feels like it's getting worse. I can barely stand in line at the grocery store or at the bank. I have borderline prolonged QT which I have been taking Inderal LA for for 10 years and after several EKGs, holter tests, echos, stress tests, all cardiologists agree that it's not from the prolonged QT. I've been reading about POTS and I'm starting to think I have it. I have the lightheadedness and the inability to stand for long periods of time, but my heart rate does not increase when I stand up like it does in people who suffer from POTS. Any ideas or thoughts? I'm only 25 and I can't live my life like this! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2010, 07:36 AM   #3
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User

Yes, I would have the tilt table test for POTS done at the cardiologist. That would confirm you have it or hopefully show that you do not. The good news is they can test for POTS! I'm so sorry to hear you have so many problems at 25. I understand my problems started at 32 but I'm now 100% cured! Took me 18 years but I never gave up until I got a diagnosis 17 years later. I think the test is pretty simple and it isn't even evasive! Best Wishes.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
(male)

stcarlsen HB User

I have been suffering with POTS for about 6 years, but it has gotten worse which is how I finally got diagnosed. What did you do to get cured? Any input woud be nice. Thanks!

Closed Thread