It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
(female)

nightowl24 HB User
severe nightmares & irregular heartbeat

My father inlaw has suffered with this for the last 3years, very down about, admited to hospital numeres occasions, every test under sun but everything clear, anyone with same conditions or help would be so great

Old 04-04-2010, 07:59 AM   #2
(male)

heartalaska HB User
Re: severe nightmares & irregular heartbeat

What are the nightmares about? --- one can get nightmares from trauma, medication, anxiety. The arrythmias can also be related to the anxiety.

Some nightmares are "prodomal" - indicative of bodily illness. < edited >

It is very important that you/he find an explanation for why these nightmares are occurring; frequent nightmares are almost always an indication of things being out of balance while at the same time can be wake-up call to take action. Most traditional medical doctors tend to underrate nightmares as a diagnostic sign.

Keep looking until you find an explanation and the nightmares are reduced.

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-04-2010 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Please do not post disallowed Internet websites, or suggest Internet searches, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2010, 05:30 AM   #3
(male)

unreal HB Userunreal HB User

what medications was he on when this started or before this started?

Old 04-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User

I have nightmares sometimes I wake up with my heart beating rapidly and honestly I think this is mostly benign, you are just reacting to the fear the dream creates. I have read that there is a certain point when you fall asleep your heart rate increases a lot and if you wake during this period your heart will be higher than normal and that could scare someone not used to it. I had AVNRT which means your heart spontaneously goes up to 180 - 220 beat a minute or more and that's fast but sinus tachycardia is often benign. Waking up at night after a bad dream would most likely just put you into sinus tachycardia and I think that is common. I'm not saying you shouldn't be checked by a doctor but I know a lot of people that wake up with tachycardia at night. Even when they catch that on a holter moniter the doctors tend to think it's fine unless it's a bad arrthymia. He could do a holter moniter to be certain it's not a dangerous rhythm but it most likely isn't. A lot of time we are stressed out, life it tough anymore, you go to sleep stressed about something you have a bad dream wake up with tachycardia but it ends up coming back down. Best Wishes.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
(male)

unreal HB Userunreal HB User

benign but dangerous if it is sustained

Closed Thread