It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
(female)

cmasse HB User
Heart Condition

I had my appointment with the Cardiologist and I found out I have heart problems. The Cardiologist read over the results of the echocardiogram with me. He did other testing as well. He said I have thickening of the anterior leaflet of my Mitral valve with mild submitral chordal, which is another word for calcification build up. I also have the leakage I told you about. This leakage is coming from the posterior leaflet of the Mitral valve, also known as Mitral Valvular regurgitation. I have leakage in my Aortic valve, and also leakage in my Tricuspid valve. All of these are not serious yet. However, I have to go for frequent Cardiology appointments to make sure this does not get serious. He said if I experience excruciating chest pain, do not hesitate to get to the ER again because the leakages may be getting worse. I still have really bad chest and jaw pain, bad pain in both my arms and shoulders, and between my shoulder blades. I am on medication for the pain and to other medication to help with the leakages so they don't get worse, but he said the leakages don't go away. If they get bad, I am in for open heart surgery.

I got blood work done as well. I have elevated CRP levels, which is C-Reactive Protein, another word for inflammation. He said I have to also be monitored with this.

For my holter monitor results, I have PVC's which are Premature Ventricular Contractions. These are caused by the skipped heart beats I am getting along with the fluttering in my chest at times, pounding heart beat at times and rapid heart beat at times.

My Cardiologist said I will have the heart murmur and the leaky valves for the rest of my life.
Cassie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User
Re: Heart Condition

My daughter has mitral valve prolapse,and watches her diet,and all that stuff.I have had Atrial Fibrillation for several years.It hasn't bothered me for several years.I think I take Atenolol for that.I used to phone Maryland for days, with the readings on my
heart rate apparatus.(not a Holter Monitor),which I had before.In case your worried,
about a long life,my FATHER was born 7 years after the Civil War. Love Bill

Old 04-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
(female)

cmasse HB User

Thank you for replying. I have another question though. One morning when I went for my follow-up appointment in the morning, my blood pressure was 90/60 and then when I went for my other follow-up appointment in the afternoon the same day, it was 114/59. Is my blood pressure kind of low?
Cassie

Old 04-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
(female)

cmasse HB User

Thank you for replying. With my three leaky heart valves, I notice something else. I still do some jogging just to get out and try to enjoy the weather, but my chest bothers me more when I go jogging and also I am noticing that my throat hurts as well. I didn't think much of it at first, because usually if I had allergies or an illness, I would have a sore throat for a few days or more. But my sore throat goes away after I am done jogging. I did decide to ask my regular doctor the day after my Cardiology appointment and he says I may have Angina, which could lead to a heart attack. There are tests that my Cardioloigist can do to test for that, but he hasn't done that type of test. Chest and throat pain while doing any type of exercising are Angina symptoms.

Also, three times I have had very bad pain between my shoulder blades and that only lasted about 15 minutes and then it was gone. My doctor said net time it happens get to the ER again because because this could be a sign of a heart attack.

Cassie

Old 04-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
(female)

3dachs HB User

Hi Cassie, you are not alone. I just found out today that I have mitral valve prolapse. I've had 2 previous echocardiograms (for other heart issues) and just happened to demand another. The previous two were normal, the third showed "mild mitral valve prolapse." I'm perplexed. I see a cardiologist on Monday and want to ask him if these things just all of a sudden develop. It also told me I had some kind of fluid around my lungs...sheesh!!!!!! I also have SVT and a rapid heart rate (sinus tachycardia). I'm in the process of trying to figure out the cause of this rapid heart rate. All of this "not knowing" is driving me crazy.
Have you had previous heart issues before?

Closed Thread