It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User
heart acts up when I lean forward

hello

Well I have been experiencing a weird heart symptom.I was dx with a minimal mitral and tricuspid regurgitation.The problem I am having is when I lean forward while in a sitting position and put pressure on my upper abdomen it triggers a frightening sensation where it feels like my heart is struggling to beat and I feel faint,but haven't fainted yet.This has also happened when I've leaned forward standing up to write on a calendar that was hanging on a wall...as I leaned forward and wrote it caused the heart symptoms to start.

This symptom only lasts for a minute or so,but it is very disturbing...feels like "something" is "strangling" inside of my upper abdomen....

Appreciate any and all comments.......my dr. has ordered a CT scan for my abdomen/pelvic area which I hope to get done this week.

Thanx Much
Scout

Old 04-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

laray721 HB User
Re: heart acts up when I lean forward

Hi Scout, I have been experiencing the same thing also. But I did black out for a few seconds and then felt very dizzy for a few more seconds before feeling normal. When this happened I was sitting and leaning down looking into a bag, talking and laughing when wham, I blacked out. Sometimes this feeling happens when I laugh to hard. And like you when I reach to high to write on my calendar. Or just be bending down real far to pick something up. I went to the ER when I blacked out and had all sorts of tests, even a brain MRI. All came out good. I have also been having alot of skipped beats that week. Almost non stop. So I told my DR I wanted a cath test and it showed I had an 80% blockage and needed a stent. So now I have the stent and feel so much better, my energy level is up and my skipped beats are 80% better. I know the 20% I'm feeling is from my smoking and diet. But I knew something wasn't right when my heart kept acting up non stop. But....... Even after all that I still get this feeling of passing out . So I asked my Dr why was this still happening and he didn't really give me an answer and I think he just doesen't know. Just told me to be careful when I feel that. So whats that suppose to mean!!!!!!???? I also done some research on the Vega nerve. Sounds like what I have. And some person said she also passed out while laughing. Go figure!! I even printed this out and gave it to my Dr but he just gave it a second thought. And I have all this belly fat from menopause now that is almost impossible to get rid of. And this is where I feel the pressure of passing out. I am def going to get some answers on this when i see him in 5 weeks for my check-up. I will keep you posted. You can private message me to remind me. and if you get any answers on this, please pm me to let me know. But look up the vega nerve. Thanks, Laray

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

thank you so much laray fo your helpful comments

I had a heart echo ultrasound and stress tests in Jan. this year.Wouldn't that show a blockage?They said all the chambes were opened????I want to wear the 24 hour Holter monitor so they can see what my heart's doing when those episodes occur.This is soooo frustrating.

Thanks for the private message suggestion...I have found a few people here that communicate through the private message system here...it's really helpful.

I am almost 3 yrs. post menopausal so I think it has a lot to do with my symptoms too.I have been losing weight consistently..I was down to 99 lbs...that scared me so I've been trying to eat more.I think I have IBD(inflammatory bowel disease).but my dr. thinks IBS....just have the worst drs.,you know?

I've been eatting chicken(for protein as dr. suggested) and raisin bran that keeps me very regular.

Well I'm off to the grocery store right now...I'll post back later today for sure..and also I have read up on the vagus neve(very interesting)...some other posters mentioned that to me a while ago on another thread here.

Thank you so much and I look forward to talking with you again.

Scout

Old 04-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Years back, when my Heart Failure was much worse, I found it very difficult to lean forward while sitting. It would cause me to have problems breathing. So.... tying my shoelaces was not an easy or pleasant thing to do.

In my case, at that time, leaning forward caused my much larger belly push up into my heart, and to put pressure on my heart. I went on a diet, reduced my belly size down considerably, and the problem went away. Plus...... my Heart Failure and Blood Pressure have gotten progressively better.

Best of luck finding out what is causing your problems.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Old 04-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

laray721 HB User

Hi Scout, I had all of those tests too. None of them showed a blockage. But it was only seen thru a cath. I'm not saying this is what you should get, but this is the only test that did show a blockage for me. I fact this was my 3rd cath. Two years ago the blockage area showed 50%. Then 2weeks ago it showed 80%. Scary to think they could block up that fast!! But like I said I still have this blackout thing. Hope someone can give us some answers here. I know the Dr's can't. If I did not tell my DR I wanted another cath I would of been discharged and told it was my nerves. Who knows what could of happened after that. Laray

Closed Thread