It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
(female)

rjmac HB User
Chest and Arm Pain

Ok, I am a 52 year old female, going through menopause, 304 pounds (on serious diet, down from 340), I do smoke and have heart disease in my family. I watched both parents die from heart attacks.
Before I even begin to explain my episode of yesterday morning, let me explain my phobia of heart attacks. I have had numerous episodes of pain that have sent me to the hospital er. 17 years ago, I had an angiogram that revealed totally clear arteries. 4 years ago, I was kept overnight for observation, had numerous tests including wearing a holter monitor and had a stress test that revealed nothing. Even though I have obvious risk factors, I have taken some steps such as taking red yeast rice for cholesterol (which has never been terribly high although was a bit elevated on my last check up), I take serrapeptase which has been advocated in Europe and prescribed by cardiologists there to remove blockages and have literally cut out all fats on this diet I'm currently on. I had also been taking fish oil for the past two years until I started this current diet two weeks ago. I also keep my blood pressure down and have been getting moderate exercise.
Basically my worst risk factor now is the smoking which I plan on quitting once I get the weight off because I can't seem to get enough will power to do both at the same time.
Now to the episode of yesterday morning. I got up around 4 a.m. to go to the bathroom. I was sitting on the stool and leaned over with my elbows resting on my knees. Suddenly, I was seized with a paralyzing pain that spread across my chest and down both arms......all the way to my finger tips. I was mortified as I thought "this is it". I managed to get up and walk the few feet back into my living room and sat down in a recliner. As soon as I leaned back in my chair, all pain left me and I felt fine. I got up, went to work and felt great all day. No tiredness, no lingering pain, nothing. Just the haunting of what I had experienced.
Has ANYONE ever experienced anything like this????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread