It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
(female)

normaneon HB User
echo results

I have been aware for the past 10 years that I had Mitral vaulve regergatation ever since I had a stent put in for a 95% blockage in my LAD.

Recently I had a echocardiogram and the results were: Left Ventricle Diastolic filling is abnormal with a "pseudonormal" pattern. There is mild concentric hypertropy.

Mitral Valve, evidence of mild anterior leaflet thickening/calcification. Study shows mile to moderate regurgitation.

Aortic, Tricuspid and Pulmonary Valves also show evidence of mild regurgitation.

Enlarged Left Atrium.

My Cardiolgiest said everything was fine and not to come back for a year. He was not aware that I had read the report. Do you think I have anything to be concerned about? I was not happy that the Dr. did not go over the report with me.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by normaneon; 04-14-2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: echo results

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaneon View Post
... Mitral Valve, evidence of mild anterior leaflet thickening/calcification. Study shows mile to moderate regurgitation.
The "moderate" regurgitation is troublesome. Are you on any blood thinners, like Warfarin?

Quote:
Enlarged Left Atrium.
What were the Left Atrium measurements from the M-Mode report? The most significant problem, IMHO, is the Enlarged Atrium. Most of the time, an enlarged atrium is not of "immediate" concern, depending upon the enlargement, but one might consider lifestyle changes to help to prevent the Atrium from further enlargement and to protect the rest of the heart.

Do you smoke, or are you around anyone else who smokes?

Do you eat a relatively healthy diet? If so, how many calories (rough estimate) per day and per meal?

I have an Echo once a year, and get the M-Mode report. This allows me to follow my own progress, year to year, and, depending upon the readings, it allows me to make helpful adjustments to my diet, and to my medications, through my Cardiologist.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 04-15-2010 at 08:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
(female)

normaneon HB User
Re: echo results

Thank you for the answers, No, I do not smoke and I live in a smoke free home. The only blood thinners I take is my ecotrin 325 each night when I take my zocor for cholestrol. My diet could be a lot better, I weigh 200 lbs and live alone so I really do not eat properly. The measurements which I do not undestand was" LVIDd...5.3cm
IVSd...1.0 cm
LVPWD...1.0 CM
aORTIC rOOT dIAM 3.4 cm
Ascending Aorta 3.5 cm
LA Diam...4.6 cm
Pulmonary artry pressure 43 mmHg.

I have no idea what these figures mean and as I said my Dr. did not bother to explain anything to me.

Closed Thread