It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
(male)

sico HB User
Most people here have stress problem.

I have studied this board this weekend and found:
Many have over 1000 threads.
Stress seems to be the major problem here:
Palpitations
Chest pain
Tachycardia
This is all due to stress. Be more positive and keep away from the negative people and things in your life. Sorry for my English.

If you are happy and positive in your life then you will not be here on this site.
People sorry for themselves are here every day with health problems.
Think positive and have good health.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Most people here have stress problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sico View Post
If you are happy and positive in your life then you will not be here on this site.
On the other hand, one can't wish away health problems by smiling. I wish chronic health problems all could be that simple, and I'll bet that others feel the same way.

In my case, I have Heart Failure, AFib, Insulin Resistance, Asthma, among other health problems, and am close to 70. Since I am so limited in what I can and cannot do, HealthBoards gives me an enjoyable way to interact with others, which is a calming effect, and not stressful.

Do I look stressed out?

Quote:
Most of the heavy posters are members trying to help others, not spending the time feeling sorry for themselves. It is both enjoyable and rewarding to help someone else, by sharing what you have learned about your own health problems.

I've been a member since 2003, and not only have I enjoyed the experience, I've learned things on HealthBoards that led to improvements in my health. If I had spent the time since 2003 "smiling" but not using Healthboards, I doubt very much that I would have learned as much, nor would my health have improved as much as it did, thanks to the members of HealthBoards!

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 04-18-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User

Quote:
I have studied this board this weekend and found:
Many have over 1000 threads.
Stress seems to be the major problem here:
Palpitations
Chest pain
Tachycardia
This is all due to stress. Be more positive and keep away from the negative people and things in your life. Sorry for my English.

Think positive and have good health.
Although I understand where you are coming from in the case of sinus tachycardia (sometimes) this is not at all the case with SVT's. If your heart goes up to 110 that's one thing, very possible someone is having anxiety. If you have a PAC and within a second it goes to 160 or 220 or higher that's another thing. That could WPW or AVNRT a structural congenital defect and not something you can smile away. It needs treatment and possibly ablation (I'm now delighted after a successful ablation 2 months ago for AVNRT). WPW can kill you. My point is you cannot "assume" it's benign you should at least find out how high is high so that you can rule out a more serious heart condition. I am on these boards to encourage others to see their electrophysiologist and consider an ablation for SVT because I suffered needlessly for 20 years and should have done it sooner. We need more individuals that were cured to come to this board and share their experiences. I am and have always been a very positive person. Even when I ended up in the ER at times needing adenosine to bring down my heart rate the doctors and staff were amazed at how I acted totally normal and laughed and joked even while my heart was going 220 beats a minute. You would have never known I had a problem. When they mentioned my attitude, I said why get stressed out...it could only make my heart worse! There are plenty of positive people with heart problems...when you are born with an extra pathway like I had you can't laugh it away! Always best to get checked just in case...

Old 04-19-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
(female)

CindyB67 HB User

My cardiac event was definitely not caused by the lack of smiling in my life. I am a very happy person usually and always have a smile on my face. The day my cardiac event happened I was smiling up to the event. Smiling did not save me nor did it prevent it.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:03 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

With all due respect, I think you have taken just a quick look. Many of have life changing events that bring us here....I came to the Healthboards after surviving 4 simultaneous strokes, a heart attack and kidney failure at 43 years old.

I had to re-learn how to think, how to type, and all about how to cope with this life changing event in my life. Without anyone to look to, that had the experiences, I came here. That was a year and a half ago, and in that time I have slowly regained my life. I post regularly on several boards, to support others who are going through what I have lived through. I do not dwell on myself, I am here to share with others.

There are never a shortage of folks who come here in need of answers, support, or just someone to listen...I have the time, I have the will, and I love the people. You will usually see a smile on my face, because I am alive!

Last edited by writeleft; 04-20-2010 at 02:31 AM.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
(male)

sico HB User

Sorry to cause this confusion. What I meant was that people like me that have a negative and doom outlook in life. I always see doom and death. When I walk into a room, I always look for spiders on the wall and when I pick up the toilet seat, I expect to see my daughters head in there.
Why am I so negative? Maybe this is causing my Palps?

Old 04-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Sorry to cause this confusion. What I meant was that people like me that have a negative and doom outlook in life.
You probably would have been better understood, and caused less confusion, if you had not named this thread: Most people here have stress problem.

Quote:
Why am I so negative? Maybe this is causing my Palps?
Palpitations and other Heart Rhythm problems, and High Blood Pressure are "normally" caused or worsened by things that irritate and/or stimulate either one's NeuroHormonal System or one's Immune System, IMHO.

This could be a result of an inappropriate Diet, Allergies, Stress or Immune System Dysfunction. I've learned to survive 23+ years of chronic, debilitating Heart Disease through an appropriate diet, avoiding irritants and stimulants, exercise and by using the best possible and most effective medications at their optimum dosage. It can be done.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Old 04-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #8
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machaon View Post
This could be a result of an inappropriate Diet, Allergies, Stress or Immune System Dysfunction. I've learned to survive 23+ years of chronic, debilitating Heart Disease through an appropriate diet, avoiding irritants and stimulants, exercise and by using the best possible and most effective medications at their optimum dosage. It can be done.
Hi Machaon,

Please share with us what you have found to be the irritants and stimulants that most effect the heart after all your years with afib? I'm 2 months out from my AVNRT surgery and I think it worked and I'm very happy but I am with you on doing everything one can to avoid further heart problems and disease. I definitely know alcohol, caffeine, drugs can cause heart issues and probably allergies but is there anything else you have found to trigger Afib or even sinus tachycardia? Diet and exercise I agree, quite important. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Linda

Old 04-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Sico, Is your use of words in the first post an example of your negative tendencies? It looks like you chose to use a negative approach to get a response, and then ask your real question...

I can see how that might confuse people about you, if you use that "stab, then ask" approach. I'm glad you asked your real question.

Why are you so negative? I would look back at your environment when you were growing up, and your environment now. Do they have anything in common? Have you had emotionally or physically difficult times? Much of our adult personalities come from our own accumulations of life experience. We can change parts we do not choose to carry on, with some deep soul searching, and a lot of practice.

The payoff could be life changing though, and that includes your physical health as well as your mental health.

I can imagine the constant imagery of things like spiders on the wall, and your daughters head coming out of the toilet (using your examples), would cause a great deal of anxiety, as well as the doom and gloom of daily life. Anxiety is hard on the body, the heart and the blood pressure surely!

I would address these things with your doctor for treatment, and you will likely dimenish your palps.

Wishing you well..

Old 04-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
(male)

sico HB User

Thank you. I still feel doom and gloom as my HR is 60 and when my palps start, there is 2 seconds of no blood flow. And this carries on and on. This is why I can feel it more than others. This can be dangerous therefor my doom feeling.
Sorry for the wrong impression I caused.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Sico, no apology needed...

Pardon me if this was already discussed, but have you considered anxiety? The symptoms you describe sounds much like an anxiety attack, and often people who experience them live in fear of another one, happening at the worst time or place, leading to more anxiety. Underlying anxiety is very hard on the mind and body, and could lead to a sense of doom, because I understand they feel much like you are dying, having a heart attack, losing control...all very scary feelings to have.

Have you discussed this with your doctor? I have just been put on anti-anxiety medication due to the stress of living with serious major illness. I have had 4 strokes, and kidney failure, to name a few. After treating everything physically wrong (years of work) still could not get my blood pressure down to safe levels. The anxiety medication has now done the trick! I feel so much better, because I was not feeling the anxiety, but now that is is beng treated, I realize what a huge hold it had on my life...and I never could put my finger on it.

Please keep us posted...

Old 04-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #12
(male)

sico HB User

WriteLeft.
Thank you for your response. I am sorry for your probs and pray for you. You seem to be very positive and that helps.
As for me, I actually don't fear death at all. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Why this negativity? I am tired of these palps now.

Closed Thread