It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
(male)

MrcsBud2 HB User
Does this sound like a big problem?

Okay heres the story. For about 2 weeks now ive been getting little sharp pains on the left side of my chest(mostly pec and a little below) and when it happens it seems like i have a harder time taking deep breaths and i feel panicky.

I have been having these weird little pains in my body tho ever since 2008, i think the majority of why is because i was drinking more then 9 energy drinks a week from age 15-18 (19 now). But every time i went to the doctor he said i was fine and that was it? nothing more except "your perfectly healthy"

Now here is what is worrying me. Last month a passed out "dehydration" and ever since is when ive been getting these sharpish pains and what not. I think anxiety has a big part cause ive been having dreams about passing out and i would wake up feeling my heart pounding.

Also these pains have been lasting every day, not so much pain to where its unbearable or anything, but i know its there.

Also it seems when i work out or do some sort of sporting event it worsens. I have been told that cause i do work out it can have somthing to do with that and i should just rest?

btw im 19, i maybe eat bad once a week and i will have a diet soda a few times a week. Im physically fit being 6'0 170 and like i said, every time i went to the doctors they have said "your fine". But what could this be? I dont have insurance so i havent been able to go to the ER. Plus it hasent been so bad to where i think i should have.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User
Re: Does this sound like a big problem?

It definitely could be anxiety espicially if you have been to the doctor and checked. At 19 you have a pretty low risk of a heart attack. Sharp pains could even be muscular. Have you done anything different recently? New exercise? I'm 51 and I get some pain in various parts of my body at different times and I tend to pay little attention. Is the pain deep or more surface? That is a clue to why the pain is happening. Stress, anxiety or even sleeping the wrong way can cause various problems with muscles and nerves. If it gets worse, get checked. Best Wishes.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
(male)

MrcsBud2 HB User

Uhm, it seems like its a little deeper in the body but then again i dont pay attention to it to much because it does happen so often. The pain isnt severe at all, i just know its there. But i notice when i do worry i seem to get shorten breath and have the chest pains more.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:30 AM   #4
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User

Energy drinks should be illegal or classified as a drug in my opinion. For those of us that were born with a congenital heart rhythm disorder it's disturbing to think that anyone drinks, inhales or swallows something that could cause a rhythm or heart problem knowing how problematic it can be. I would consider seeing a cardiologist just in case whether you are 19 or not because the energy drinks for years could have potentially caused a problem or you could have a congenital problem and that made it kick in. It's possibly anxiety but I had AVNRT which is congenital and often my heart would race at night and wake me up. Also, how fast is fast? 90? 100? 150? 200? beats a minute? Diagnosis depends on heart rate. But at 19 you shouldn't be waking up with a fast rhythm. You may not even know for sure how fast it's going but getting an EKG done when your heart is racing is the key. So possibly go to the ER when it's occuring and that will allow them to diagnose you. Cut out the caffeine if you are having any. I don't eat anything with artificial preservatives or flavors in it but a vegetarian diet and my 18 and 20 year olds get sick and I don't and I'm 51. A good diet, limited sugar and caffeine could turn this around for you quickly. You may find out you don't even wake up with the fast heart rate anymore. You may only be 19 but you took a stimulant for years so anything is possible (but kudos to you for ending that). A lot of young people become ill and even die from drugs/cigarettes/drinking/stimulants. You don't have to be 50 years old to die from a heart problem if you do something that directly effects your heart. Continue taking care of yourself and get that EKG if you can when your heart is racing and that way if nothing is wrong you can stop worrying which is always good for your heart!

Old 04-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
(male)

MrcsBud2 HB User

Ive only woke up once from it before. I do limit myself on caffine big time now because i am now scared. Just the fact that i get these sharp pains throughout the day worry me.

my resting heart rate seems to be between 60-70 which is fine i think.

Im going to try and get an ekg done asap because at 19 i believe i should try and get as much info as possible

Old 05-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
(male)

MrcsBud2 HB User

Well i got my ekg and x-ray from the chest and they found nothing. Said i looked fine. So *** could it actually be?

Closed Thread