It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
(female)

Yamyam HB User
Irregular beat and īstarsī

I have got supraventricular tachycardia which is supposed to be a harmless condition. Besides I often have PVCīs or some other type of strange beating where beats are skipped or extremely īhardī after a skip. In general I have a bad circulatory system en phenomenon of Raynaud. I am on a small dosis of betablockers.

Just now all of a sudden (I am relaxing at the computer with a cup of tea) my heart started beating ireggularly as with the PVCīs for a few seconds and meanwhile I saw īstarsī mainly on the left of my visual field. So these things you see when you get up too quickly....

Does anyone have this as well or knows how these two could be related and if that can be harmful? I have never experienced it alongside the strange heartbeats...

Old 04-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User
Re: Irregular beat and īstarsī

While I believe SVT's are generally reasonably harmless I would recommend most people with SVT's at some point consider an ablation because frankly this seems to get worse with age and if you ever get another heart condition it could really be a problem to have your heart beating rapidly. You didn't say what type of SVT you had but I had AVNRT for 20 years until 2 months ago when I had my life changing ablation. My heart is so calm now and the PAC's or PVC's have also become mostly a thing of the past. I have to say I never saw stars that seems unrelated to this condition as I doubt anything in your field of vision would be related to this condition but I could be wrong. I got my ablation because I had a bad reaction to heart medicine (6 beats of VT) which gave me temporary heart pain. Very scary. While I don't think anyone should be stressed out over SVT's I do believe in this day and age with the technology we have one should strongly considering ending it with an ablation. Your quality of life will be much better and it's a lot cheaper to not have to take drugs or end up in the ER getting adenosine. If you are a female and get peri-menopause or menopause or pregnant...SVT's can become a huge issue in your life. They even recommend an ablation before pregnancy now and I recommend one well before menopause as well! As I got into my mid to late 40's this problem because much more frequent and much harder to bring down by itself. Now I'm pretty sure I'm cured and I feel like I had a heart transplant. Best Wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread