It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
(male)

sakishrist HB User
Experiencing tachycardia when doing nothing physical

Hello,

A few minutes back I experienced something like tachycardia. This has happened a few times in the past as well.It happens from time to time and it usually does when I am doing nothing physical, and this time wile I was surfing the net. When I experience it I can clearly feel my heart, the beats are much stronger than normal. I also think it beats twice as fast.

I have visited the doctor two times regarding this but nothing.

I usually panic when this happens. Should I be worried?

Please tell me if you need more information.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User
Re: Experiencing tachycardia when doing nothing physical

It could be just anxiety. However, it could also be an SVT. If it's an SVT it would be good to get a diagnosis as to what type. I can't diagnose you but I had an ablation 8 weeks ago for AVNRT (born with an extra pathway in my heart) and AVNRT often starts suddenly at rest. I could exercise vigorously with AVNRT and my heart would react normal but I could be watching TV and it would jump instantly to 220 beats a minute. Does it just jump up instantly to a fast rhythm? If so it could be AVNRT or another type of SVT. If it gradually goes up, maybe not. Also, you may think it's really fast and it may just be panic and sinus tachycardia and only 100 or so beats a minute. SVT's need to be 140 or 160 beats a minute or higher. It's hard to know exactly how fast your heart rate is going sometimes. If it is an SVT and it's new to you, you would feel anxious. If it continues visit an electrophysiologist or cardiologist and get a holter moniter. Or when it happens go to the ER and get them to do an EKG during the period your heart rate is fast and they can have a cardiologist diagnosis you through your EKG. Either way you can get something to assist you. I highly recommend if it is AVNRT or another type of SVT asking your physician about the ablation. I had AVNRT for 20 years and it was expensive, annoying and at times interfered with my life. My 3 1/2 hour ablation put those days behind me forever. I feel GREAT now! Best Wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2010, 06:29 AM   #3
(male)

sakishrist HB User

Thanks for your advice.

I forgot to mention that this experience lasts for a few seconds every time ... not more than 5.

I think I should also mention that I am 18 years old.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:13 AM   #4
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakishrist View Post
Thanks for your advice.

I forgot to mention that this experience lasts for a few seconds every time ... not more than 5.

I think I should also mention that I am 18 years old.
In all honestly, I don't know how you could even tell that your heart was beating fast for few seconds a time. Maybe you are simply have a PAC, which would feel like a jump or a skip in your heart that lasts only a beat or two. If you think your heart is going fast for only 2 or 5 seconds that would have to be the problem as it would simply feel different than usual. In that case, it's normal. Usually best not to think about your heart too much unless you have sustained tachycardia/rhythm that certainly lasts a lot longer than 5seconds. The key is to protect your heart by being physically active, not drinking, smoking or taking drugs and eating well and at 18 you will likely live many more years!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #5
(male)

sakishrist HB User

OK, Thank you

Closed Thread