It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
(female)

dhill2020 HB User
anyone else afraid to go off Plavix?

Last March they found I had a 90% blockage in my Left Ventricule, after my stenting I was instructed to stay on Playvix & aspirin for one year. Well now its time to go off and I'm terrified if I go off I'm going to have a stroke or heart attack, can anyone allevaiate my fears? Have you been through this? Anyone, tell me how you felt and then what happened please??Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
(female)

Charlotte P HB User
Re: anyone else afraid to go off Plavix?

Hi,
I can understand your worry as I too was on Plavix (75 mg daily) for a year after having one stent put in last March. This followed what the cardiologist called an 'acute coronary syndrome' which he described as halfway between an angina attack and a heart attack. I went on to have a much larger heart attack several weeks later (last May) but this time they decided not to take any further action except to slightly adjust my other medication.
I have been off the Plavix for just a week or two now and am pleased to report that apart from the anticipated anxiety of coming off the drug, I have felt no difference in my general well being. Hope it is the same for you too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
(female)

jaguar63122 HB User

I have been off plavix for 2 years now. I too was very scared but had to do at first due to a bleed that put me in the hospital. Im still nervous about not taking still.....guess Ill always be nervous but so happy not to have the side effects of Plavix! Yuck!

Old 05-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
(male)

oldie HB User

plavix: did you guys get a drug coated stent or a bare metal one? I got the latter a week ago. I gether it means taking plavix for two or three moneths, not a full yeas as with the drggedy stent? Fatige, brain *** is my only remaing symptom and it's not severe. Am I lucky?

Old 05-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

laray721 HB User

jaguar, What were your side effects???

Last edited by laray721; 05-25-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:15 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

laray721 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar63122 View Post
I have been off plavix for 2 years now. I too was very scared but had to do at first due to a bleed that put me in the hospital. Im still nervous about not taking still.....guess Ill always be nervous but so happy not to have the side effects of Plavix! Yuck!
Hi, What were your side effects? Thanks, Laray

Old 06-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #7
(female)

jaguar63122 HB User

Horrible bruising..unstopable bleeding that put me in the hospital...and a horrible itchy rash. Since my blockage was in my LAD...I still am nervous about not being on the plavix..even though it has been 2 years that I haven't taken.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

laray721 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar63122 View Post
Horrible bruising..unstopable bleeding that put me in the hospital...and a horrible itchy rash. Since my blockage was in my LAD...I still am nervous about not being on the plavix..even though it has been 2 years that I haven't taken.
What kind of bleeding did you have? This is my biggest worry. I also have a lot of brain fog and can't tolerate the heat anymore. All my joints hurt to. Did you experience any of this also. Thanks Laray

Closed Thread