It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
(female)

Dawn333 HB User
Cath

To make a long story short. I was put on on a calcium blocker about 2 months back caused my feet to swell. (Think I posted about this previously). My pulse was running at rest at 168 bpm in the office. Then they had put me on a holter, and showed Pacs, Pvcs and Paroxysmal Tachycardia. I went in to see my doctor but he wasn't in. So I saw his nurse practitioner. She put me on a beta blocker, that was causing me to feel wierd (sluggish, and just kinda zombie feeling). Well, I went off of it, went to my next appt. My doctor was furious his nurse put me on a beta blocker. He suspected I was having coronary artery spasms. Therefor, he said something about a beta blocker can actually aggravate the symptom. So he puts back on another calcium blocker, this time it actually worked really well. I was put on Verapamil 120mgs. Well, this worked for about 2-2.5 weeks. I had began the CP again. So his nurse practitioner decides to put me on a water pill. Which made the chest pain way worse. This time it actually made me feel like I was 400 pounds walking, but just walking it felt like I had ran a race. I was very short of breath, with bad chest pain. That evening I came so close to going to the ER. So, I called the doctor again.. At this time I know I was probably getting on there nerves. I was really upset, telling the actual RN there I refused for the practitioner to put me on any other meds. So she calls up the doctor and left a message. So I get a call back today. I was thinking well hes just gonna up my calcium blocker (cause it acted like it just stopped working).. My bp was running about 160ish/102 (roughly). He calls me in 180mgs of veraprimil, nitroglycerin, and said he wanted me to start on 81mg of aspirin. Then suggests I get a cath done tomorrow. Cause, he said my echo was good.. But, my stress test was not positive or negative (whatever that means). He said it was the next step. Well, I kinda got scared about the whole thing. So I put it off til next Monday. I started the 180mgs earlier today, and my bp is still running not as high but still considered elevated. But, Im still skipping beats, and my pulse goes fast and slows down real slow. I just dont get it. Doesnt that medication suppress the BP with fixing the Chest pain? I feel so stupid, going through this cause Im 33.

My main complaint I have with the CP is my upper (backside) left arm aches really bad when it happens. I keep telling myself its just arthritis or something developing.. Will a cath tell them why my arm aches like that?

And i seriously doubt Ill ever use the nitro cause Ive had it before and it helped with the CP, but man that pill packs a punch!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread