It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
(male)

BHeart HB User
Heart skipping when waking up

When I get up in the morning, my heart seems to be beating fast and jumping all over the place skipping beats. On breaths out, my heart will do a couple of hard thumps sometimes. But the crazy heart beats can last a couple of hours or more after I wake up. Usually they go away during the day and may come back in the evening but are always there in the morning.

I don't have health insurance and I've been trying like heck to get into a clinic but no luck as of yet.

Can anyone tell me whats going on or have any advice for me?

I'm taking beta blockers I got from my mother for high BP. My BP was 165/116. Now its down to 128/80. The skipped beats were present before the beta blockers but seem to have worsened since I went on them.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Heart skipping when waking up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHeart View Post
When I get up in the morning, my heart seems to be beating fast and jumping all over the place skipping beats. On breaths out, my heart will do a couple of hard thumps sometimes. But the crazy heart beats can last a couple of hours or more after I wake up.
One of the main contributers to higher blood pressure and heart rhythm dysfunction is the nasty old, villainous bed, IMHO. The bed is the worst place for dust and dust mites.

Quote:
The skipped beats were present before the beta blockers but seem to have worsened since I went on them.
I would have thought that the beta blocker would have helped?

Best of luck!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 04-29-2010 at 05:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
(male)

BHeart HB User

Thanks for the response. Anyone else? i feel like its going to be time to go to the hospital if this keeps up. My heart isn't right. It won't straighten out and its causing me all kinds of issues. I'm starting to feel pretty weak. BTW, I'm a 46 YO male. I'm running out of options it seems.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
(male)

sico HB User

I have been on Beta Blockers for years and still get Palps. The problem with BB is that it slows your heart rate and therefor you will feel the missed beats more. My HB is 60 with BB, so when it skips a beat, there is 2 seconds of no blood flow. This comes as a bump, rush or whatever.
My wife also gets skipped beats but she cannot feel them as her HB is 80. Too fast to feel them.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
(male)

BHeart HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sico View Post
I have been on Beta Blockers for years and still get Palps. The problem with BB is that it slows your heart rate and therefor you will feel the missed beats more. My HB is 60 with BB, so when it skips a beat, there is 2 seconds of no blood flow. This comes as a bump, rush or whatever.
My wife also gets skipped beats but she cannot feel them as her HB is 80. Too fast to feel them.
But when this is going on, its every beat thats wrong. Its almost like afib which I've had in the past , minus the tachycardia. The heart just beats wrong for awhile and then it goes back to normal rythm. Any ideas?

Old 04-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #6
(male)

unreal HB Userunreal HB User

what medications were you taking before or during the initial development of your heart issues?

Old 04-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #7
(male)

sico HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHeart View Post
But when this is going on, its every beat thats wrong. Its almost like afib which I've had in the past , minus the tachycardia. The heart just beats wrong for awhile and then it goes back to normal rythm. Any ideas?
No ideas, but I have had the whole toot. Tachy heart and severe palps for 12 years. Whilst asleep my HB would go to 130 and wake me up. This is a rouge pulse in between the normal pulse, therefor a doubling up of the normal HB.
This can be corrected with minor surgery.
I have no Med. Insurance so must live with it. Just stay in bed and do the procedures mentioned here to correct it. Might take 8 hours.

As to palps, this is the big one for me. Had them for 12 years but they come and go for no reason. I have had them now for 6 months non stop. I can actually feel the palps like a chest shudder and my feet get HOT.
I always know when the palps are to to start. My feet and a metallic taste in my mouth.
Today I had a strange experience. I felt my heart shudder like an electrical shock and it lasted for about 3 secs. I nearly fainted from weakness.
Scary, but I am still alive and it will repeat over and over.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
(male)

BHeart HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
what medications were you taking before or during the initial development of your heart issues?
Just prevecid for acid reflux.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #9
(male)

BHeart HB User

The metallic taste definetly rings a bell. I always wondered about that.
My mother said that I'll probably need a pace maker sooner or later. Sounds like you may need one as well.
I wish I had some insurance to get this checked out properly. It just gets worse.

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-01-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Old 05-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #10
(male)

sico HB User

Pacemaker is out for me too as I don't have Medical Insurance. Must live with it. Or die with without it. I am a the stage where I don't care anymore. My last child is about to leave home so if I peg after, then I have done my duty.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

laray721 HB User

if you went to the hospital, would they turn you away. You need to go there. Laray

Old 05-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #12
(male)

BHeart HB User

update:

They just stopped. Really really strange. I had them for roughly 2 months and then they just went away. What happened was they just got worse and worse and I pretty much had an irregular heartbeat all day and all night. Then I got sick to my stomach. I had diareah and insane heartburn for 2 days. I was eating tums like crazy but the acid kept forcing itself up my throat. My uncle gave me some very expensive papaya enzymes, (almost 1 dollar a pill), and then my stomach finally settled. Within a day or so of that the palps just gradually went to nothing and that was like 2 weeks ago.
Its like getting sick or something changed the current of my heartbeats back to normal. Of course, they may come back again but I hope not.

Anyone have any clue why they just stopped? I had been taking magnesium and calcium for several weeks before they stopped. Do you think maybe the supplements finally kicked in? Its amazing though. I just feel like I got my life back.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #13
(male)

sico HB User

I have had this for 13 years. Comes and goes. No correlation to the foods I eat except potatoes that make them worse. I have cut out carbs now for 5 months and still get them.
Strange why 30% of people have this and no research done as to why they have this.
Been checking the net for years now and am surprised as to the number of people that have this and no help from the "experts". You just pay and pay for no results. Peeves me off. The Cardiologists check you out knowing that they will not be able to fix it but accept your money.

Closed Thread