It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User
Chemical Stress Test

Quick question:

If you've had a chemical stress test, were you put flat on your back? Or are you able to be in a position with your head somewhat elevated?

I have wicked allergies right now and I'm not allowed any meds that day. I know my nose will be running like a faucet so I'm wondering what position I'll be in. If I'm a bit elevated, it will help.

Thanks.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:30 AM   #2
(female)

janxs HB User
Re: Chemical Stress Test

Hi
I had one of these tests a few months ago and I was propped up in quite a high sitting position. Each hospital might be different though. If you are going to have congestion in your nose or anything that might hinder your breathing I think you should tell the staff. When I had the test my breathing increased quite quickly so you need some clear airways.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User

Thank you for the response.

I've been told this is an unpleasant test but that it will only be 10 or 15 minutes and over. I planned on talking to them before the test. By the time it's over they'll know from all the snot running down to my chin!

Old 05-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
(female)

jaguar63122 HB User

It is a very easy test. They injected some type of dye into me and I layed flat while it took about 15 minute of pictures of my heart at rest. Then I ran on the treadmill for as long as I could and then layed back flat while they took another 10 minutes of pictures. This was the test that finally diagnosed my heart disease. I failed miserably and didn't get to leave the hospital. I had passed a regular stress test and echo

Old 05-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
(female)

LUV2DANCE2 HB User

I just had this test on Monday. I have MS and can't run, so they gave me the chemical and I walked on the treatmill (for 2.5 minutes.) Let me warn you, after about 1 minute my heart was pounding and I became nauseaus and dizzie, not fun. It went away shortly after I sat down.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

Just had one done today, this is my third chemical stress test. The test is easy..they have changed it from the last time i had one 3 years ago though. I went in today did my time on the treadmill, they put the dye in then i went for 15 min worth of pictures (had a pillow for my head) they checked the pics and said the looked ok and sent me home. If the pics had not looked right they said i would have to leave and come back 3 hours later for a set of pics with my heart rested. Last two times i had the dye put in then had pics, did the treadmill with more dye then more pics. I had a cardiologist in the room with me the whole time i was on the treadmill making sure everything was going ok with my heart. It took about 2.5 hours to be totally done but glad i did not have to go back for more pics and hoping that is a good sign that they liked what they saw Good luck!!

Old 06-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

Hmm ...... A chemical stress test is when they inject a drug to speed up the heart beat, some of you are getting confused with a nuclear stress test.

Chemical stress tests are used for people who are unable to do the regular stress test for various reasons.

Closed Thread