It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
(male)

dcyuri7 HB User
Wierd... really wierd happenings..

Dear All,

I'm here posting because ive been having some very strange symptoms. First let me say that there is known heart problems on both sides of my family, but myself - I'm a 22 y/o surfer(fairly well fit) and have not had cholesterol issues or otherwise... thus far anyway. I do smoke cigs on occasion(3-4 a week), and work on a computer every single day (IT job).

Here are some of the symptoms I have been experiencing:

a.) Some sort of "backfire". It feels like my heart pumped blood in the opposite direction... like... its just the wierdest feeling, and hard to describe.. There's this feeling of pressure, as if my heart stopped for a approximately .2 milliseconds.

b.) Now this symptom is what is scaring me. I'm not sure if I'm partially passing out or if something really bad is happening.. like a stroke or something... So, I'll be sitting at my chair, working on a project, and suddenly, I'll feel lightheaded and the world around me will whirl for just a split second, and then it's gone. It's as if I was suddenly drunk, and then not -- honestly. At that time, I feel this single "bump" in my chest, as if my heart skipped a beat. It's so powerful, that at times, it will occur without the aforementioned "whirling", and it registers in my brain as if the whole ground below me just shook. I actually looked over to a coworker and asked him, "did the floor just shake?" ... and "was that thunder?". Something must be wrong... it happens randomly, and goes away immediately.

I exercise almost daily, and maintain a pretty crappy diet(fastfood). But I don't have problems jogging, or weightlifting... or anything. It's just these things are happening, and it's become much more often lately... starting to scare me.. Don't want to die at age 22 u know?

Any help is more than greatly appreciated!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread