It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
(male)

jp1092 HB User
Question A-fibs, pvc, pac's, sweating shortness of breath.

In 2008 I had 4 heart stents put in circ, om, lad, diag. Two were 100% blocked two were 90% or more blocked. The cardio. told me I was lucky it was caught. When the last two stents were put in they kept me an extra day because of pac, pvc, and a-fibs. They told me these were normal and usually unnoticed. The problem is they have never stopped. I am now on a 30 day monitor until 5/15. My follow up appointment is not until August. I asked about that and they told me it was ok unless something shows up on the holter monitor. Lifewathch has called me once saying they had to contact the dr based on what they saw. No call from my cardiologist. I am getting concerned that i am not getting the best of care. When I try to question the cardiologist he said the machines are saying I am fine. Well I can't even walk around the block without the palpitations or whatever they are. It takes about an hour because I have to stop and let my heart and breathing calm down. Still having chest pain, although different than before the stents were put in, but painful none the less. I broke my tibia plateau last june and the problem has only gotten worse since then. Any suggestions??????

Old 05-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
(female)

CindyB67 HB User
Re: A-fibs, pvc, pac's, sweating shortness of breath.

After having any kind of cardiac event, sometimes they leave thier marks permenently or just temporarily and that becomes the new normal for you. The dr knows what he is saying when he is saying you are fine. You might have certain activities that show up sometimes in monitoring, but you are technically fine. When I was in the hospital getting daily ECG's I had reoccurring questionable activity that according to the machine I was having some kind of episode, but the drs informed me I had been doing that since I came in so it was ok...I was ok.

Sorry you are having some discomfort, I have moments when I have discomfort too but I have decided that is my new normal. Going through Cardiac Rehab they tell you that as long as it is nothing new don't worry. If it is something that has been ongoing not to worry. It is the new stuff they worry about. I was admitted a 2nd time because I actually had an increase in discomfort about a month later and they decided my heart was having spasims and added Nitro Glycerin to help calm them down. If you are really concerned you might want to go to the ER and be checked out. They will most likely admit you to just check you out and make sure you are ok...but since you are already undergoing monitoring I would guess you have been seen already.

Hopefully you can get comfortable soon and not worry so much. I don't know but from what my drs said it is very easy to become a Cardiac Cripple so try not to worry too much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2010, 06:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1092 View Post
... I am getting concerned that i am not getting the best of care.
I don't blame you. It's been 23+ years since I was diagnosed with Heart Failure. During that time I have met some very good Cardiologists and some not-so-good Cardiologists. If I hadn't been very proactive and insistent during those 23 years, I would be dead, or worse, right now!

Quote:
When I try to question the cardiologist he said the machines are saying I am fine.
The machines might be telling your Cardiologist that you are fine, but your body is saying otherwise. Which "machine" do you think is more accurate about your condition, the 30 day monitor or your body?

Remember John Ritter? He collapsed while filming "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter" at 54. They took him to the hospital complaining of chest pain, nausea, vomiting and dizziness. He was hooked up to excellent monitors and had better than average care, of course. He died later that night. His family settled a multi-million dollar lawsuit claiming that his medical problems were misdiagnosed "at least twice" during his emergency visit to the hospital.

I think that is the reason why we patients are interested in "second" opinions.

Quote:
Well I can't even walk around the block without the palpitations or whatever they are. It takes about an hour because I have to stop and let my heart and breathing calm down.
I would want a good explanation from the Cardiologist as to why I was having these difficulties, and not a blank, "one size fits all" easy cop-out.

Quote:
Any suggestions??????
Can you get a second opinion? What would happen if you called your current Cardiologist's office and emphasized that you were experiencing difficult and concerning problems, and that you did not think it was wise to wait until August?

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 05-03-2010 at 06:38 AM.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:01 AM   #4
(male)

jp1092 HB User

I am going to get a second opinion as soon as I get the 30 day monitor off. Pretty much decided I need a cardiologist that will at least provide me with the info I need to at least understand my condition. Right now I don't. Tanks for the support.

Closed Thread