It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

laray721 HB User
So So tired on Plavix

Hi, I had a stent placed about 5 weeks ago and felt great for about 3 weeks. Lots of energy. Then slowly I started to feel weak and tired most of the day. My legs and arms feel like dead weight. I'm more sleepy and not wanting to do much of anything. The weather has been warming up alot and I find myself because of this having one big hot flash all day. I have more joint and back pain now also. When its cooler outside I feel better. I have always been able to tolerate the heat pretty much but now its unbearable. Has anyone experienced this when starting Plavix. And what side effects have any of you on Plavix had. I feel once this drug started to get in my body its causing all these problems. Would having to thin of blood cause this. In the past I have always taken 3 asprins a day for over 15 years with no problems for lower back pain. Now I take a baby asprin with Plavix and feel like hell. Any input please on your experience on Plavix. Thanks Laray

Old 05-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
(male)

Rickgren HB User
Re: So So tired on Plavix

I seem to be tired from plavix also. Do you also get headaches? This seem to start for me about 4 weeks after my heart attack.
I didn't know what to make of it,but the warden (my wife) looked it up and they seem to be side affects of plavix. I guess it's better than the other option.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

laray721 HB User

Hi Rick, I don't have the headaches, Just tired & achy all the time. Can't tolerate the heat. Feel like I have a head cold all the time. But because I have a stent in I must use it for a year. When my Uncle had a stent put in he also had to go on Plavix, but his arm swelled up real bad and had to go off of it. They put him on Warfin. Just a blood thinner. So far he's had no problem with the stent clogging up. And that was about 5 years ago. He will be 90 this year. He had a heart attack 25 years ago and had open heart surgery. Still going strong. Warfin is also safer if a bleed should happen. At least they could stop it with clogging drugs. But there is nothing to help stop bleeding with Plavix. Scary. Did you have a stent put in? Laray

Old 05-13-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
(male)

Rickgren HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by laray721 View Post
Hi Rick, I don't have the headaches, Just tired & achy all the time. Can't tolerate the heat. Feel like I have a head cold all the time. But because I have a stent in I must use it for a year. When my Uncle had a stent put in he also had to go on Plavix, but his arm swelled up real bad and had to go off of it. They put him on Warfin. Just a blood thinner. So far he's had no problem with the stent clogging up. And that was about 5 years ago. He will be 90 this year. He had a heart attack 25 years ago and had open heart surgery. Still going strong. Warfin is also safer if a bleed should happen. At least they could stop it with clogging drugs. But there is nothing to help stop bleeding with Plavix. Scary. Did you have a stent put in? Laray
I had 2 installed on 3/20/10. I am getting more aches but I have no idea about this stuff. I never even herd of warfin, what's it do? I'm still trying to get this diet thing worked out. I can't seem to find 4 doctors who agree on what to eat. Also,did you already do your stress test? My doctor said I will be doing mine in august. He said it was because I had 2 heart attacks on 3/20 and he wanted to make sure it was all healed. I only know 1 other person who's had a heart attack and he's been in the hospital twice since his.
Thanks for any and all help.
Rick

Old 05-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

laray721 HB User

Hi, Plavix works by keeping blood platelets from sticking together. Warfin is just a blood thinner. Something like an asprin would do but on a higher level. But does not work on the platelets. Which is important to do to keep the stent clear from clots. But like I said in my other post, my uncle had to stop taking it and the warfin worked out fine. But if you can tolerate the Plavix that works better to keep if any future problem at bay. You should read up on warfin and plavix to understand better. I can not take a stress because my legs give out to fast before I get to the heart rate i should be at to get a better reading. I, myself would rather go for another cath to see if theres a problem with my stent. I just had my 6 week check up with my dr since the stent and every thing is fine heart wise, but I also had him send me for blood work to make sure the plavix was not causing problems in my body. Don't like or trust this stuff so Im keeping on top of it. Laray

Closed Thread