It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
(female)

Jenny C. HB User
Bad ekg...now hooked up to heart monitor...any ideas what is going on with my body

Hi There,

I have never posted on this board before, but I have posted on the thyroid board.
I am posting to see, IF any of you, could help me figure out, what is taking place with my body.
I went for pretesting for upcoming surgeries, that I need, I need to get the rest of my thyroid out.
Anyways, long story short...went for my pretesting, they called me and told me, that the EKG showed Heart Arrythmia, and also, lack of oxygen..they said, I could be on the verge of a heart attack..they said, my potassium was low, just slightly 3.4 and I am anemic.
So now they have me going to a cardiologist, and in the mean time, I am hooked up at home, on a heart monitor...that I need to push, when I get any symptoms...which I have been EXTREMELY TIRED for months, and been getting heart palipations...and dizzy spells...but this does not happen everyday...I have been on the heart monitor, now for a few days, and I have been ok...I am only 39 years old, I have had half of my thyroid removed...and many, many female issues...They keep saying I am too young for this..I also have had high blood pressure, in the past, and I am on a diurectic(maxide) which my pressure has been extremely low, over the past few months....since I have been watching it...I am maintaing around 99/63 but it has been a little lower then that at times.
Now they took me off of my maxide cold turkey to try and get my potassium back up, and I am swelling like crazy...so my head is just spinning...over the past few months, I have been told I might have cancer in my remaining lobe in my thyroid...and now all of this.
Does any one have any idea what could be happening to my body.
I did lose 43 pounds since September...I went on a diet..can this affect the heart??
Didn't mean to write a book, I am just scared...and I have never in my life been this tired...any advice at all, would be greatly appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread