It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
(female)

time and again HB User
slow heart beat and missed beats

Hi. I suffered from missed beats for some time, especially when in bed. This last two or three weeks they seem to have got worse, when I relax my heart seems to slow down too much, and then I get the missed beats. They make me feel slightly gidd y. Ive been on Atenolol 100mg for about twenty years, and I know beta blockers do slow your heart down. As I am 76 years old I was wondering if perhaps I needed a lower dose of Atenolol now. Has anyone else had these sorts of missed beats.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
(male)

sico HB User
Re: slowheartbeat and missed beats

30% of people get skipped HB. When your HB is slow ie 60bpm you will feel them in your chest and get a dizzy feeling for 2 seconds.
I have been for ALL tests and they cannot find a problem. Stress, they said is what causes them.
As proof of this is that when I get these palps and I come on this site to read and post, I feel reassured and the palps recede and I feel better.
A good forum for support.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
(female)

time and again HB User

Thanks for replying. I have only just found this forum, and it does help reading the different questions and replies. My heartbeat is often no more than 54 bpm. The misses often come in runs and continues sometimes for hours. I have had an event monitor,and ecg, and waiting for the results. My consultant says that he thinks its stress and anxiety, so im keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
(male)

sico HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by time and again View Post
Thanks for replying. I have only just found this forum, and it does help reading the different questions and replies. My heartbeat is often no more than 54 bpm. The misses often come in runs and continues sometimes for hours. I have had an event monitor,and ecg, and waiting for the results. My consultant says that he thinks its stress and anxiety, so im keeping my fingers crossed.
You are lucky, I have had skipped beats non stop every day for about 8 months. Like beat, beat, skip, rumble, beat, skip, rumble. This goes on all day and all nite.

Closed Thread