It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
(female)

BaerWoods HB User
Just had stress test and picked up radioligist report

This is greek to me so would like someone to explain the medical lingo.
Findings: Projection images demonstrate attenuation related to breast soft tissue densiy. A large zone of severely diminished activity in characterizes the anterior and septal walls at stress. This is not as conspicuous at rest. Left ventricular end-diastolic and end-systolic volumes are 70 and 36 mL, respectively and ejection fraction is mild reduced at 48%. Hypokinesis is present in the septum. Evidence for reversible ischemia with wall motion abnormality in anterior wall and septum. Presence of a genuine abnormality is further supported by mild reduction.
Also it said on one of the other pages that I have sinus bradycardia.
Can anyone explain this to me, I see the heart doc in a week. Thanks

Old 05-13-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mari526 HB User
Re: Just had stress test and picked up radioligist report

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaerWoods View Post
This is greek to me so would like someone to explain the medical lingo.
Findings: Projection images demonstrate attenuation related to breast soft tissue densiy. A large zone of severely diminished activity in characterizes the anterior and septal walls at stress. This is not as conspicuous at rest. Left ventricular end-diastolic and end-systolic volumes are 70 and 36 mL, respectively and ejection fraction is mild reduced at 48%. Hypokinesis is present in the septum. Evidence for reversible ischemia with wall motion abnormality in anterior wall and septum. Presence of a genuine abnormality is further supported by mild reduction.
Also it said on one of the other pages that I have sinus bradycardia.
Can anyone explain this to me, I see the heart doc in a week. Thanks
The attenuation of images means that the images were not as clear because of the denseness of breast tissue.

Normal ejection fraction is 58%, so yours is a little lower.
Ischemia is a restriction in blood supply, which is shown in your heart tissue (anterior and septal walls) and slow activity within the heart (hypokinesis)during stress, but the radiologist states he feels the ischemia is reversible.

Sinus bradycardia is a pulse rate less than 60. Pulse rates are generally above 60. Some symptoms of low heartrate can be dizziness, shortness of breath and chest pain.

I hope this has been helpful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread