It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User
Throat throbbing and palps?

Hey all,

Today I went to the gym and felt pretty good the whole time. Got my heart up to 140 and breathing fine and etc. But when I got off the trouble started. I came home, got in the shower and my throat just started to throb like crazy!
I checked my heart rate and BP and all was normal. Started cleaning up and got on the computer an whammo...it throbbed again. This time I started to cough. Now I know that there is something in the air bothering my nose still and I do have some drainage, but would that cause my throat to throb?
I can feel it too with my hands, its not my artery, its the front side of my throat.
I have been diagnosed with SVT and have had my thyroid tested several times via blood tests. I have heard that growths on the thyriod can cause SVTs, but have never been tested other than a blood test.
Has anyone experienced this? and do you know if there is a test involved? I heard something about having to collect urine for a whole day sort of test. Does anyone know about this?

Thanks,
Lyl

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Sore throat...infection or acid reflux? tlily Acid Reflux / GERD 19 04-06-2008 02:19 PM
Throbbing Throat for 3 days... lylone Acid Reflux / GERD 2 01-13-2008 03:19 PM
Dry throat anyone? iona_23 Thyroid Disorders 4 05-07-2007 10:56 AM
Trying something new for you palps! Mileena42 Heart Disorders 4 04-17-2007 01:04 PM
burning throbbing red lips itchy lungs,ear and throat after breathing in spice fumes jbsim General Health 1 04-07-2007 05:40 PM