It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
(female)

hollysargis HB User
HYPOtension eat more salt?

i have very low blood pressure and i'm very thin

does this give me the go ahead to eat more "bad" foods loaded with salt and fat or are those foods bad for you in other ways?

any advice appreciated i am clueluess!

Old 06-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
(female)

hollysargis HB User
Re: HYPOtension eat more salt?

also i'm worried i have hypoglycemia

is there a way of knowing if you have low blood pressure vs. low blood pressure caused by low sugar levels? thnx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
(female)

AmyTx HB User

i have hypoglycemia and i havent had my blood pressure be too low.. i know when my sodium goes low so does my blood pressure... my doctor says i can add more salty items i would talk to a doctor befor eating alot of salt...my doc gave me the go ahead but told me if i started swelling to cut back again...

Old 06-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
(female)

hollysargis HB User

thanks amy!! i guess i was quick to judge that they were related low bp and hypoglycemia.

i know eating makes me feel better, but i don't know if it's salt or sugar related. i guess ill experiment around.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
(female)

AmyTx HB User

being hypoglycemic do you eat smaller but more often like 6 times a day thay always helps me..

Old 06-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
(female)

hollysargis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyTx View Post
being hypoglycemic do you eat smaller but more often like 6 times a day thay always helps me..

yes its funny they recommended that bc i noticed i tend to do that on my own anyways or i feel really weak. i think i need to read up on "good snacks" vs. bad ones. it's a little confusing

Old 06-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

There is a med avaliable called Florinef, which causes the body to retain sodiam, which can help raise low BP, if it is causing you problems

Old 06-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #8
(female)

luvmyfamily924 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollysargis View Post
i have very low blood pressure and i'm very thin

does this give me the go ahead to eat more "bad" foods loaded with salt and fat or are those foods bad for you in other ways?

any advice appreciated i am clueluess!
Salt and fat is bad for everybody. You need to see your doctor and find out why you have LBP and you are so thin. But don't go crazy with the food you could wind up with high cholesterol.

Take care
LMF

Old 06-30-2010, 05:57 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

I would NEVER eat more than 2000 milligrams (2 grams) of salt, per day, in order to raise blood pressure, and actually think that the target should be 1500 milligrams for most people.

There are two main reasons for low blood pressure, IMHO.
  1. A person has health problems and an unhealthy metabolism.
    Usually as a result of a poor, unbalanced diet, consisting of too many carb, protein, fat and alcohol calories.
  2. A person has very good health and a healthy metabolism.
    Usually as a result of a balanced diet, consisting of healthy levels of carbs, proteins and fat calories.

A person who has health problems will just make their health problems worse by increasing the salt in their diet to an unhealthy level.

A person who has very good health will harm their health by increasing the salt in their diet to an unhealthy level.

My blood pressure ranges from around 95/50 in the morning to around 130/80 at mid-day, to around 115/65 in the evening, which I consider to be very healthy daily blood pressure trends. But, IMHO, my lower bp morning readings are due to having a very healthy metabolism, which, in turn, allows me to survive and improve from heart failure, persistent Atrial Fibrillation, Insulin Resistance/Pre-Diabetes, Kidney Dysfunction, etc., with a reasonably good quality of life.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #10
(female)

hollysargis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnstar View Post
There is a med avaliable called Florinef, which causes the body to retain sodiam, which can help raise low BP, if it is causing you problems
im going to look into this!! thanks!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #11
(female)

hollysargis HB User

see the problem is i used to drink caffeine in the morning. it worked most of the time. but i feel like that's masking the problem so i stopped cold turkey.

i know ive fainted twice and both times they gave me something to drink and i felt better.

my bp is in the 80s in the morning before i eat anything. i'm 5'8 and 110 lbs. ive always just eaten whatever. i can't gain weight.

is it possible that low bp just from being very underweight?

i am goign to a cheap clinic in a week. i guess ill just tell them to test EVERYTHING. including my blood glucose/heart stuff. i was already tested for hypothyroidism but it caem back neg

Last edited by hollysargis; 06-30-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Closed Thread