It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
(male)

Grenadier HB User
Heart palpitations and operational tour of Afghanistan

Hi all just wondering if anyone could shed some light on some of the symptoms I'm currently having I'll start from the top. I'm in the army and just completed a tour of Afghanistan roughly six weeks ago and since had some strange symptoms. It started roughly 2 weeks from landing home i started to have alot of pressure like feelings behind my left eye and side of the head this roughly lasted for around ten days I visited my doctor and he ruled it out as sinus pressure even though I had no discharge from eyes and nose. After this visist I felt good again. Around 2 weeks again I had severe pressure in my upper back with some shallow breathing which worried me however had my oxygen blood pressure and pulse checked and this was ruled out as hay fever by my doctor again I had no discharge from my eyes or nose. A few days after this I came up with a really itchy skin rash and this was also blamed on hay fever the rash was a nettle rash or hives rash. After a few days of this I felt good again. Now recently last week I had a rather long heart pulpitation that worried me I've had them before and while during my tour of Afghanistan but they never really troubled me because they were pretty minor and before deploying to Afghanistan I was having them and I had a blood test and nothing seemed to be wrong. Since this rather long palpitation I've had a range of pains in my left part of the chest,left shoulder and left arm and hand mainly being sharp electric type shooting pains along with my neck and jaw, and more frequent palpitations which are really getting to me and I find then pretty worrying I've spoke with my parents about what I'm going through and others and everybody just says it could be anxiety stress symptoms. I've been under alot of stress in the past months both mentally and physically while on tour in afghanistan which was around 7 months long. I'm 23 years of age very fit (within the top third of my company) I'm in the infantry so I excersise daily I'm Always out on my feet somewhere. I find I'm constanly concentrating on my heart beat and pulse etc I don't know why I feel the need to I just find I'm worrying constantly about it and sometimes get into a panic. Could this be what everyone is telling me and be stress? I wasn't exposed to any incidents i could not of really handled while on my tour nothing really effected me while there I'm pretty strong minded and robust in that manner. Any suggestions anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread