It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
(female)

LouAnn53 HB UserLouAnn53 HB User
Is this more than pvc's?? Results of echo stress test

Please help: This is the results of my echo stress test. Cardiologist tells me that he does not think it is my heart that is causing my symptoms of being aware of my heartbeat, palps, etc. He said my lung pressure is a little high and to see a pulmonolgist. I feel terrible at the moment with more frequent PVC's. Had holter monitor on for 24 hours and doctor states there were a few PVC's. I can feel my heartbeat in my throat. I am female, 57 years old. I do not need to see this cardiologist for another three months. I am feeling horrible and very scared. I called the doctor but he has not returned my phone calls.

Baseline Echo: All walls show normal thickening and endocardial excursion. No regional wall motion abnormalities are noted. Global left ventricular function is normal. The left atrium is top normal in size. There is mild mitral regurgitation. There is mild right ventricular dilation with normal right ventricular systolic function. There is mild tricuspid regurgitation with an estimated right ventricular systolic pressure of 38 mmHg. E wave is 0.9 with an E prime of 0.08 and an E to E prime ratio of 11. An intra-atrial septal aneurysm is noted without left to right shunt noted by color flow Doppler.

Exercise Echo:
Post exercise all walls become hyperdynamic. All walls show normal thickening. No regional wall motion abnormalities are noted. Overall left ventricular function is hyperdynamic. Estimated right ventricular systolic pressure rose to 62 mmHg post exercise.

Conclusions:
1. Both echo and ECG portion of exercise stress echo are negative for ischemia.
2. Intra-atrial septal aneurysm noted without evidence by color flow Doppler of shunt flow.
3. There is mild dilation of the right atrium and right ventricle with estimated right ventricular systolic pressure of 38 mmHg at rest and rises to 62 mmHg post exercise.

Please, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread