It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

rubyred716 HB User
Can always feel my heart beat

I do have anxiety. I have had it since I was 16. I've been on medicine for it and then I got off of it after a year because I felt better. My whole life I've been able to feel my heart beat in my chest by just sitting there, not even by holding my hand up to it. Whether I'm in school writing something, watching t.v., etc., I always feel it beating in my chest. I've been to the cardiologist 4 years ago and had an echocardiogram and he said it was normal. At that time, I was still able to feel my heart beat in my chest and he said I just had a "strong heart beat." I know I have anxiety and that at times I can make my heart pound and beat fast, but right now I'm calm and can feel it faintly..not like its pounding, but I can feel it...I can take my heart beats per minute by not even touching for pulse, but by just sitting here and feeling it..Does that sound abnormal?? Or should I just not worry about? I never have chest pain at all.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
(female)

donnaozan HB User
Re: Can always feel my heart beat

Hi! I am having the same problem and it bothers me so much! I too have anxiety and am on 1mg Xanxax XR daily but can still feel my heart beating all the time...it drives me insane. There are times when I will be just sitting here completely relaxed and my heart will start beating fast or when I just do light housework, my heart will race. I am 34 yrs old and have never had any medical problems aside from the anxiety/panic attacks. I am constantly worried about my health though, I always think the worse! I have had EKG's, xray's, halter monitor test and blood test done and all come out normal. I haven't been to a cardiologist yet though, I really am considering going just to put my mind at ease! I have gone to 3 different general docs and they all say anxiety is causeing it. My husband does have alot of medical issues, he is depressed often due to chronic pain so I am constantly worried about him...it's hard not to worry! I never ever have any energy to do anything, when I do exercise, my heart will start beating fast (which is normal of course!!) but I start getting short of breath and worried because I can feel my heart beating! I hate feeling this way all the time, it is controling me...I'm too scared to go anywhere by myself becaues of this! I just want my life back! I know you posted this a while back but I was hoping you would get my comment and tell me how you are doing and to see if you are still having this problem. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2010, 07:22 AM   #3
(male)

dan49 HB User
Re: Can always feel my heart beat

Having anxiety does make you a little more aware of your heart beat. I have had bouts of anxiety in the past and you are very aware of your heart beat. More than likely is not nothing to worry about have a could heart tests done if that will give you a piece of mind. Shortness of breath sometimes can accompany anxiety. I would not worry about it to much. LIke I said if you are concerned go to a Dr. and have him evaluate it. If it were having heart problems you would be probaly having more symtoms.

Last edited by hb-mod; 10-21-2010 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Closed Thread