It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
(female)

am123 HB User
Thumbs down tachycardia

hello i came across this site whilst searching symptoms of what i have, i went to the doctors to ask and he diagnosed which me with tachycardia because when i bend down to pick something up or jolt my body fast my heart kicks into this really fast rythm and i feel dizzy and the rest of my body goes cold (especially my jaw and throat) my chest feels fluttery but it doenst hurt, he checked my heart beat and i had blood tests taking for thyroid etc. and i also went for an EKG nothing showed up and everything was normal. This kindof releived me abit but at the same time i wanted to be diagnosed with something like thyroid so they could do something and help me, but i dont want that at all i just wish that it would go away and i could live my life without fear, i'm 15 and a female and i love going out with friends but i keep breaking down and feeling depressed because i'm a bad hyprocondriac and my anxiety is extremely bad the worst its ever been ive also developed 'ticks' from my anxiety (tapping somewhere on my body or griding my teeth from side to side) i think im going to die every second of everyday and i struggle to eat because of my axiety etc. I keep wondering will i cause myself bad damage to my heart if i carry on like this, and may cause a heart attack. My whole body feels week from worrying and i feel my pulse about 30 times a day which my parents say i shouldnt do and its not normal. i burp/cough alot too which in my head i feel it helps abit with the anxiety. Before i developed the palpitations i didnt have that much anxiety and i was quite happy with life so i just dont understand why i got it. P.s the less i each and the more water i drink the less i get this, i get these palpitations once a month. please get back to me, thankyou

Last edited by am123; 06-15-2010 at 09:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2010, 04:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User
Re: tachycardia

Gurl.....
The first thing to do is calm down and understand that you are not alone. I have had SVTs (heartrate episodes of 190+) for 20 years and I haven't had a heart attack or damage to my heart. As long as your heart is healthy then you have nothing to worry about. Ask for an Echocardiogram to make sure you don't have mitro-valve or any other heart condition and if all is clear then you will be fine.
If your heart can handle exercise fine, then you can handle palps as well.
Also, consider seeing a therapist to help with dealing with your fears. I was so freaked out and wound up at one time that I was afraid to leave my house that I would spark an episode. The therapist even noticed that I constantly would check my heart rate by feeling the artery in my neck during the sessions. I was a crying weapy mess the first day I went to see her. After about 4-5 months I was fine.
Trust me.. you can live with this... I have.

your not alone...
Lyl

Closed Thread