It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
(male)

goleafsgo HB User
Pacemaker for Brady...now experiencing Tachy

Hi,

Long story short:

I had a pacemaker implanted 2 years ago for a very low heart rate (resting 30-40, sleeping 20-30...no structural damage, so I have no diagnosis as to why heart is slow) and neurocardiogenic syncope with cardioinhibitory symptoms (heart stopped on a couple occasions). I also take medication for low blood pressure (florinef) and I was diagnosed with celiac disease last fall. Recently I have been having my heart rate go a lot higher than normal and my cardiologist is setting me up with a loop monitor as he wants to make sure nothing is wrong (when he looked at my pacemaker report, he saw many cases of low HR and many high HR, he said it seems to bounce around, but all is Sinus Rythem)

When I work out, my heart rate goes up a lot higher and lot faster than it used to. Yesterday I tried doing a fairly low cardio workout, I was just doing leg presses, hamstrings, calfs, etc. All with a couple minute break inbetween and no cardio at all. On my second set of machine squats (about 5 mins into workout), I felt dizzy, my heart felt like it was gonna rip out of my chest and I had tunnel vision. I sat down and checked my pulse, it was around 185. I then went to the BP machine after I felt better and my vitals were 90/70 and HR at 130.

I am male, 24, 5'8" and 150lbs. I have been actively working since I was 14. I had a stress test before my pacemaker and they had to stop the test as I could not reach the high HR they wanted. It just worries me as I can't workout without feeling dizzy anymore.

Does this sound normal or is the heart monitor likely a good idea? Also, is there anything that can be done if my HR is jumping high fast, but is still in a sinus tachycardia rhythm? My worry is that my doctor is checking for an irregular heart beat. I know based on my pacemaker log that all my tachy has been sinus up until this point, but I've still been experiencing symptoms since it is happening so easily now when I begin to exercise. I'm just worried that it is sinus, which is normal, so he is likely to tell me there is nothing wrong even though I know this not how my heart used to act.

Any information or advice is appreciated! Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread