It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
(male)

cincyman78 HB User
fast heartbeat and skipped beats

Over the last couple of weeks I have had about 3 episodes where I can feel my heart beating fast, and every once in awhiile it will skip a beat. I have hi BP which I am on meds for, as well have been diagnosed with panic disorder. My eopisode today lasted for about an hour with no other symptoms. I have been trying to lose weight recently and have been eating less.. could that be causing this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User
Re: fast heartbeat and skipped beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyman78 View Post
Over the last couple of weeks I have had about 3 episodes where I can feel my heart beating fast, and every once in awhiile it will skip a beat. I have hi BP which I am on meds for, as well have been diagnosed with panic disorder. My eopisode today lasted for about an hour with no other symptoms. I have been trying to lose weight recently and have been eating less.. could that be causing this?
I don't think losing weight is causing it. I'm 51 and I lost almost 30 pounds since early April and eating less is making my heart calm and happy. Do you workout? Working out is amazing for the heart and once you workout a reasonable amount for a month or so your heart will probably get quiet. I workout 2 - 3 hours a day. I think if you have panic disorder that working out would be great for you! It will calm you down as well, it's relaxing. If it keeps beating fast go to the ER and get an EKG and see how fast fast really is. If it's 90 - 110 or so it's probably anxiety. If it's over 160 than you have an SVT. But I doubt it has anything to do with trying to lose weight, eating less would tend to slow the heart not speed it up! Best Wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread