It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
(male)

MisterSmith HB User
Constant awareness of heart beat/strong pulse/chest pain

hi all,

i'm a 21 year old male and i regretably tried drugs for the first and last time around 1 month ago. (cocaine and a pill which i now believe contained piperazine). since this time i have been able to notice my heart beat a lot. my stomach moves, i can visibly see my pulse in my neck and it's very strong to feel. when im lying down i can feel my chest shake with each heartbeat. also can feel in tips of fingers sometimes. this went on for a week or so and then eased off for a couple of weeks. around a week ago i had chest pains in the centre of my chest and the awareness of my heartbeat came back. i have become light-headed on occasions when walking and get a pain sometimes in my chest if i breathe in too hard. resting heart rate is around 75-80bpm. i am worried that using drugs one time has affected my heart negatively or on the other hand that it could just be anxiety. either way i am very worried. does anybody have any notion as to what my problem could be?

many thanks

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Can always feel my heart beat rubyred716 Heart Disorders 2 10-21-2010 07:22 AM
Shortness of breath, constant yawning, tight chest rustyangel General Health 16 01-28-2010 03:23 PM
always feel heart beat rubyred716 Heart Disorders 0 05-04-2009 10:41 PM
Cardiac exams for a pregnant woman with rapid heart beat sampo2 Heart Disorders 0 01-30-2009 01:32 PM
Cardiac exams for a pregnant woman with ocasional rapid heart beat sampo2 Pregnancy 0 01-30-2009 01:30 PM

Tags
palpitations, strong heartbeat, strong pulse, visible heartbeat, visible pulsations