It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User
Question Should I see a cardiologist if I do have congestive heart failure?

Hi everyone. I might possibly have congestive heart failure. In fact, it's probably rather likely. Congestive heart failure runs in my family as well as other heart disorders. My older sister had congestive heart failure and hypoplastic left heart syndrome. It killed her before she turned 3 which was about 2 months before I was born. Also, my younger sister has a heart murmur. My grandpa has had several heart attacks, some major. I am not sure but I think one or two of these was in his 50s. My grandma (both grandparents on dad's side of the family) had a clogged aorta and had to have a stint put in. My dad and my grandpa (on dad's side of the family) both have high blood pressure and possibly my grandma as well. Anyway, I had a blood test done on Monday for congestive heart failure and kidney problems due to excessive swelling in my feet that won't go down even though I have been on a diuretic called hydrochlorothyazide for 12 or 13 days. I also had a thing the other night last week when I was at the grocery store where my heart started beating very rapidly for a few seconds. So, if I do have congestive heart failure or something else wrong with my heart, should I consider seeing a cardiologist rather than the nurse practitioner who ordered the tests?

Old 07-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
(female)

caring12 HB Usercaring12 HB User
Re: Should I see a cardiologist if I do have congestive heart failure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwgirl View Post
Hi everyone. I might possibly have congestive heart failure. In fact, it's probably rather likely. Congestive heart failure runs in my family as well as other heart disorders. My older sister had congestive heart failure and hypoplastic left heart syndrome. It killed her before she turned 3 which was about 2 months before I was born. Also, my younger sister has a heart murmur. My grandpa has had several heart attacks, some major. I am not sure but I think one or two of these was in his 50s. My grandma (both grandparents on dad's side of the family) had a clogged aorta and had to have a stint put in. My dad and my grandpa (on dad's side of the family) both have high blood pressure and possibly my grandma as well. Anyway, I had a blood test done on Monday for congestive heart failure and kidney problems due to excessive swelling in my feet that won't go down even though I have been on a diuretic called hydrochlorothyazide for 12 or 13 days. I also had a thing the other night last week when I was at the grocery store where my heart started beating very rapidly for a few seconds. So, if I do have congestive heart failure or something else wrong with my heart, should I consider seeing a cardiologist rather than the nurse practitioner who ordered the tests?

I wish I had seen a cardio sooner. seen many gps and a PA but nothing beats a good cardio work up. after that you can go between them and a gp.
once you get a dx you can have the gp order some of the test or rx the meds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User
Re: Should I see a cardiologist if I do have congestive heart failure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caring12 View Post
I wish I had seen a cardio sooner. seen many gps and a PA but nothing beats a good cardio work up. after that you can go between them and a gp.
once you get a dx you can have the gp order some of the test or rx the meds.
Ah okay. Thanks! I will probably choose to see a cardiologist if I do have heart problems. That said, I have not yet heard back from my doctor's office on the tests. I will let you all know as soon as I hear something.

Closed Thread