It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
(male)

MrScott66 HB User
Brain Fog & Unsatisfied Breathing

Hi,

Starting a few weeks ago I notice that my breathing feels unsatisifed. I can take deep breaths, but I feel like I am not getting enough oxygen. I went to the ER one morning, and they did all blood tests, X-Ray and EKG, and found no issues. I have mitral valve prolapse with mild to moderate regurgitation, and borderline concentric LVH. I wonder if it's associated to that. I do get PVC's alot (my whole life), and short burts of SVT every once in awhile.

I don't want to call it "shortness of breath" because I can breath deeply with no problem. It just feels like I need to take deep breaths way too often. I feel it particularly on my left side. When I went to the ER, I thought they were going to tell me something is wrong with my left lung. Of course, they didn't.

Any thoughts out there?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2010, 03:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Brain Fog & Unsatisfied Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScott66 View Post
... I have mitral valve prolapse with mild to moderate regurgitation, and borderline concentric LVH. ... I do get PVC's alot (my whole life), and short burts of SVT every once in awhile.

I don't want to call it "shortness of breath" because I can breath deeply with no problem. It just feels like I need to take deep breaths way too often.
Your more uncomfortable breathing could be because of the mitral valve prolapse, which causes blood to back up within the Left Atrium, subsequently causing pressures to build up within the lungs.

Supposedly, the buildup of pressure within the lungs is worsened when laying down.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 08-10-2010 at 03:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
(male)

MrScott66 HB User
Re: Brain Fog & Unsatisfied Breathing

Thanks for your response. Is the pressure you refer to the same as pulmonary pressure? The reason I ask was because on my echo they said that my pulmonary pressures were normal, but my IVC was slightly dilated with minimal respiratory variation.

It's all very confusing (and scary).

Closed Thread