It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #166
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User
Re: is an angiogram necessary?

Its about damn time Good luck , remember its a pc of cake..

Old 11-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #167
(female)

twin17 HB Usertwin17 HB User
Thumbs up Re: is an angiogram necessary?

thanks. i'm really nervous tonite. i'm laying on my bed shaking!!!!! ok ok...i will take a deep breath and watch some tv..hope i fall asleep soon!!!

i'll try to post tomorrow evening!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #168
(male)

if they go thru the wrist its no bigger deal than a blood test, if they go thru the grion its not that big a deal either, dont get worked up and think of the pain little kids go thru with cancer etc this is nothing believe me...

Old 11-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #169
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcman View Post
if they go thru the wrist its no bigger deal than a blood test, if they go thru the grion its not that big a deal either, dont get worked up and think of the pain little kids go thru with cancer etc this is nothing believe me...
i know... i keep thinking that there is someone out there worse off than i am.
i think it will be the groin...oh well.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #170
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

That's great news twin
I'm glad you're having the angio done soon, relax, you'll be fine.

Good Luck.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #171
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyking View Post
That's great news twin
I'm glad you're having the angio done soon, relax, you'll be fine.

Good Luck.
thanks vyking! i'm definately not thrilled with it.. but i know i'll be fine. just scared
better not be nde !!!

Last edited by twin17; 11-21-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #172
(male)

ask them to go thru the wrist if they can. My Dr said if you dont have fat wrists they prefere to go that way. I had it thru the wrist, pc of cake

Old 11-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #173
(female)

Quote:
ask them to go thru the wrist if they can. My Dr said if you dont have fat wrists they prefere to go that way. I had it thru the wrist, pc of cake
contrary to what you think... i DON'T have fat wrists or legs for that matter lol!!! but thanks...i'll ask!

Old 11-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #174
(male)

Humm ok will I can tell you this, if they say they want to go thru the groin, you got fat wrists , lol

My Dr said they rather do the wrist when they can, if you have normal size wrists then they should go that way.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #175
(female)

Quote:
Humm ok will I can tell you this, if they say they want to go thru the groin, you got fat wrists , lol

My Dr said they rather do the wrist when they can, if you have normal size wrists then they should go that way.
omg! you don't give up...lol. we'll see if they go thru my THIN wrists or groin!!! nitey nite!!

Old 11-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #176
(female)

i am home ok everyone!!!!omg... why didn't you tell me it was a breeze??? ha ha.
seriously... NO blockages.. just narrowing of some arteries. this is why i started this post way back when to begin with.."is an angiogran necessary...." but all in all, i was still scared.. they did go thru my leg, but i really didn't feel it.. i was just nervous, but they did give me something for that in the IV. i was wide awake, but very tired. it lasted just a bit over an hour...then yes.. i had to lay still. now the area is a little achy but they put something on it to actually close it??? i was too groggy to remember the name.. i'll ask him tomorrow. i got home about an hour ago, so it was a long day.. but i am glad i know there aren't any blockages, so that should ease my mind now. thank you all for the encouragement, even if i did get yelled at i couldn't or WOULDN'T have done this without you guys.the only problem i encountered afterwards was my b/p shot way up again... so now my dr changed me to lisiniprol instead of the benicar. i still have to take the atenelol, and of course the aspirin. and he is going to run liver and kidney tests next month.but this is all good news. NO BLOCKAGES !!! (just like you sagey)

Old 11-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #177
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

That's great news.
One less thing to worry about .. we all told you it was a piece of cake.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vyking For This Useful Post:
twin17 (11-23-2010)
Old 11-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #178
(female)

chevvy12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin17 View Post
i am home ok everyone!!!!omg... why didn't you tell me it was a breeze??? ha ha.
seriously... NO blockages.. just narrowing of some arteries. this is why i started this post way back when to begin with.."is an angiogran necessary...." but all in all, i was still scared.. they did go thru my leg, but i really didn't feel it.. i was just nervous, but they did give me something for that in the IV. i was wide awake, but very tired. it lasted just a bit over an hour...then yes.. i had to lay still. now the area is a little achy but they put something on it to actually close it??? i was too groggy to remember the name.. i'll ask him tomorrow. i got home about an hour ago, so it was a long day.. but i am glad i know there aren't any blockages, so that should ease my mind now. thank you all for the encouragement, even if i did get yelled at i couldn't or WOULDN'T have done this without you guys.the only problem i encountered afterwards was my b/p shot way up again... so now my dr changed me to lisiniprol instead of the benicar. i still have to take the atenelol, and of course the aspirin. and he is going to run liver and kidney tests next month.but this is all good news. NO BLOCKAGES !!! (just like you sagey)
Yes i have been worried all day for you,,Im so happy your home, yes they do close it with something..I was in doc my self today had me a little issue with veins starving in my good leg? Ughhh im off to bed to overwhelming for me..Im happy for you, lets talk tomorrow..get some rest no lifting!

Old 11-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #179
(male)

Told ya so,,, What did they say the "narrowing" percent was ?? And what arteries ? No blockages is good news but curious about the narrowing. Which would mean plaque build up. The question is what percent ?? I was told if 60 % or under they wouldnt do a thing.

At least now you know there are none bad enought o warrant a stent/bypass so that is good. Why didnt they go thru the wrist ?? Curious about that. Oh well at least you got it done. Relax awhile then get working on your lifestyle

Glad you got it done

Old 11-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #180
(female)

Smile Re: is an angiogram necessary?

Quote:
Told ya so,,, What did they say the "narrowing" percent was ?? And what arteries ? No blockages is good news but curious about the narrowing. Which would mean plaque build up. The question is what percent ?? I was told if 60 % or under they wouldnt do a thing.

At least now you know there are none bad enought o warrant a stent/bypass so that is good. Why didnt they go thru the wrist ?? Curious about that. Oh well at least you got it done. Relax awhile then get working on your lifestyle

Glad you got it done
cvcman.. why didn't you tell me it would be a piece of cake??? just kidding. but as far as the narrowing.. all i know is that he said none of them were over 40%, but which ones??? i don't know. i will find out tho when i see him next. and as far as why not the wrist? i don't know i didn't ask . i was groggy and didn't care!! anyway.. i'm doing ok.. a little sore but very little!
and the laying down for hours??? not a problem! i slept most of it. and all day today i was exhausted. but the b/p is still giving me problems.. it shot up again to almost 200/115. so of course the dr changed my meds again. hope this one works, cause i am so tired of all of this. i don't want to do any of this anymore..and no more tests.. i'm finished.
so thank you for yelling at me..or i would have never had found out.

Closed Thread