It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2001, 03:41 PM   #1

Megan 44 HB User
15 years old, fast heartbeat and breathlesness

Hi,
I am 15 years old and very scared. Just recently I have noticed that my heart beats very fast after little exercise. For example when I walk up the stairs I can feel my heartrate shoot up and my heart starts pounding. I also get out of breath very easily after minmal exertion. I used to be very active and take part in many sports but this fast heartbeat and shortness of breath are stopping me from doing a lot of sport. I am not sure how fast my heart is beating, I have tried to count my pulse but I am not sure if I im doing it right. I have found it easier to place my hand on my chest over my heart and count the beats but it is so fast I loose count. I ran up the stairs about 5 mins ok and I am still out of breath and my heart is racing. Please help me, I don't know what to do?

Love Megan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2001, 06:03 PM   #2

Ode2acardiacNode HB User
Re: 15 years old, fast heartbeat and breathlesness

Hi Megan,
My advice to you would be this - talk to your parent(s) and let them know how you are feeling, then make an appointment with your doctor. Mentioning your symptoms and how you are feeling to your doctor will help them know how to help you and or give you treatment or tests. Take care and keep in touch as to how you are doing and what the doctor says.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2001, 09:49 PM   #3

mamakinl HB User
Re: 15 years old, fast heartbeat and breathlesness

Meagan,
I would highly recommend telling your parents about this. I am no doctor-just a parent myself. Good luck and hope you find out what is going on.
Mamakinl

------------------
Life's a journey

Closed Thread