It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
(male)

TooheyNew HB User
Chest pain - right under left breast

I have had this slight chest pain right under the left breast. Its not overwhelming, but I feel it everyday, especially when I turn or cough/sneeze.

I am constantly stressed and don't always sleep well.

Is this something to be concerned with?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
(male)

dan49 HB User
Re: Chest pain - right under left breast

Toohey - If you cough or sneeze it is more probably a muscle problem or even some congestion. It is almost certain not your heart, pain would be there all the time. Go to the Dr. and have it checked if you are concerned about it. It will probably go away.

Last edited by hb-mod; 10-16-2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
(male)

TooheyNew HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan49 View Post
Toohey - If you cough or sneeze it is more probably a muscle problem or even some congestion. It is almost certain not your heart, pain would be there all the time. Go to the Dr. and have it checked if you are concerned about it. It will probably go away.
Thanks, but I actually now noticed when I take a deep breath i can feel the slight pain in my whole left breast. when ppl have heart pain, how severe is it?

Old 10-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Can you ease the pain by getting into another position? Heart pain will persist no matter where you put yourself. It sounds more like inflammation of the rib cartilege (look up costochondritis). I have had this and it can be quite painful. Go to the doctor and get everything checked out though, for your own peace of mind. Cheers, Sera

The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph For This Useful Post:
mrskirkthomas (01-03-2011)
Old 10-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #5
(male)

dan49 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
Can you ease the pain by getting into another position? Heart pain will persist no matter where you put yourself. It sounds more like inflammation of the rib cartilege (look up costochondritis). I have had this and it can be quite painful. Go to the doctor and get everything checked out though, for your own peace of mind. Cheers, Sera
Toohey - Seraph is right about different positions due not change the pain if you have heart conditions. If it was your heart or angina it would be differnt it hurt a lot and movement, coughing or anything else does not change the pain.

Could be a lot of things. Like Seaph said go to the Dr.'s and get checked, but I think your heart is fine. Maybe muscle pain or even acid reflux ( yes it can cause that some times). Take care.

Closed Thread