It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
(male)

binary1 HB User
My first post The story of my symptoms

I'm a 23 year old male of Italian and Russian background, For over a year as of now I've experienced what can only be described as the most bizarre symptoms I've personally dealt with, I will not go into great detail in order to prevent a rather excessive post. Instead I will do a generalized account and provide more detail if needed. This began with a bout of profound lightheadedness in march of 2009. to the extent of nearly fainting, which slowly subsided after about an hour or two. I dismissed it , shortly after I begin seeing what can only be described as a faint gray flashing within my vision, this I noticed shortly after was in sync with my pulse, and gets darker with exertion. this has continued to this day, I once more ignored it. About 3 months later I had an occurrence which I will never forget, I was riding with my friend when I felt a squeezing in my throat, I for reasons unclear to me immediately checked my pulse. I felt nothing for 10 to 15 sec and began to become very dizzy my vision started to gray out, then I heard my pulse pounding. I told my friend to drive me home I setup a doctors appointment, he tested me for hyperthyroidism and did a ECG. all of which were normal, he wanted to do a stress test however I have no insurance and I'm unemployed could not pay for it as a result. my lightheadedness or other symptoms had not stopped, my heart was now randomly jumping to 160 or even 190 bpm with no obvious cause. so one night in September I went to the hospital they did a ECG, as well as a complete blood count, drugs nutritional levels all were checked, It showed a mild potassium deficiency and nothing else. they would not do a echo due to no insurance, despite me insisting I may need one. Also I will mention every ECG I've had showed tachycardia of at least 110 bpm. I've since then had three more ECGS giving a total of 5, As well as numerous blood test all of which have only showed a potassium deficiency. I've never had an echo to this day, I'm plagued by new symptoms body wide burning sensations which feel like boiling hot water, Random muscle twitches all over my body head to toe, tingling sensations, orthostatic intolerance all on a daily basis. I would love to hear any ideas no matter how mundane or frightening. Thank You for taking the time to read this.

Last edited by binary1; 10-19-2010 at 11:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
(male)

dan49 HB User
Re: My first post The story of my symptoms

It could be many things, your best bet is to go to a Dr. Since you have no insurance and unemployed you should be able to get into a free clinic which would give you access to a dr. While I know this would be slow process at least you could see a Dr.

Last edited by hb-mod; 10-21-2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Closed Thread