It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
(female)

chevvy12 HB User
angioplasty?

I am scheduled for Nov 8th..yup happy bday too me,,Scared to death.
hope less in oregon...I feel very alone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: angioplasty?

You'll be fine .. when it's all over you'll wonder what you were worrying about.

Good Luck.

Last edited by Vyking; 10-19-2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
(male)

dan49 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevvy12 View Post
I am scheduled for Nov 8th..yup happy bday too me,,Scared to death.
hope less in oregon...I feel very alone
They are a fairly easy procedure. Don't let it bother you. You will be fine

Old 10-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User

Trust me im the biggest baby of anyone here hands down, I had one two weeks ago and had a stent in LAD, its really a pc of cake. They went thru my wrist. They gave me verased but it didnt make me sleepy or anything and I really didnt feel anything.

When he pulled the cath out he did it kinda quick and I felt a slight tickle coming down my forearm but other than that no pain, no warm feeling from the dye, nothing.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
(female)

chevvy12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcman View Post
Trust me im the biggest baby of anyone here hands down, I had one two weeks ago and had a stent in LAD, its really a pc of cake. They went thru my wrist. They gave me verased but it didnt make me sleepy or anything and I really didnt feel anything.

When he pulled the cath out he did it kinda quick and I felt a slight tickle coming down my forearm but other than that no pain, no warm feeling from the dye, nothing.
Thats awesome how are you feeling? They are going through my groin area. I can hardly walk any more, my legs are so bad, pain also ratiates up my buttocks and into my back. Surgeon say's my BP numbers are horrible in both my legs, as well as my arteries are very tiny any way.
My poor family is very worried I am young,40. I am a little worried about being awake, but dont share that with my family. I would love to hear how you feel? Did you go home say evening? They tell me I will get too?
Look forward to hear how you are..Hope your doing well..

Old 10-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User

I feel fine ! I didnt have mine done till 8:30 pm so I stayed overnight but if they did me sooner I could have come home same day no problem. I got off the table after they finished and walked to the wheelchair they wheeled me to my room I got up sat on the bed and ate a sandwich.

It really is nothing believe me. I asked the surgeon if he was going to stent me and he said "its already done" I am 51 yrs old.

Ive been mowing lawns and chopping leaves all day today, no problems, hope it satys hat way. Good luck you will be fine, trust the Dr !

Old 10-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #7
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User

Angioplasty should not be the problem if done by a person with experience doing it...

I carry 5 stents after a MI 3 years ago, they have to stop the fist one because I was literally dying ... and 2 days after they did another one to finish the work... within 48 hours I was walking much better than in the previous 3 years...Never a single problem from the procedure.

The real problem is why do you need the angioplasty?...what is the present status of your heart? ... how this will improve (if it does) the problems with your legs and your BP??

Jesus.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #8
(female)

chevvy12 HB User

My legs are not getting enough blood or oxygen , so surgeons says do it, or lose both your legs, say's at risk of stroke or heart attack. Can't walk but about 3 to 4 minutes, before pain is so severe in my legs i'm crying. This came on so fast. About 4 months ago. went from zero pain, to can't walk. Once i sit down all is well in a couple minutes. My heart they have not mentioned a word about the condition of it? I'm hoping it is well..I am healthy other wise, I do have Lupus but no diabetese or anything like that. My high BP and thyroid are my only other issues.
I am happy this has worked well for you, I pray this helps my legs..It is exhausting and my house is large with alot of stairs that are no longer an option for me. Have to sit down half way up the stairs to kid's floor. Some days I just cry, depressing me I love life and love being busy w/my family..
Chevvy

Closed Thread