It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #1
(male)

kyomagi HB User
PVC runs, are they cause for concern?

Just Wondering, today i felt a flip flop in my chest for a good 2 seconds, by the time i got to my pulse, i did feel a pause, but i could not tell if there was a regular beat in there or not. But i had no other symptoms. No light headed ness or dizzyness or anything. Any cause for concern?

fyi, i am on meds, verapamil 240mg a day, which has brought my pvc's down from 6600 to 10~100 a day. I usually get these flip flops once a week, but it would never be more than one. So im doubting if it was 2 in a row or not

Old 10-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
(female)

lltomich HB Userlltomich HB User
Re: PVC runs, are they cause for concern?

You know, I have those espicially during exercise and I ignore then and I workout a lot. I do not take meds but honestly I'm hoping and assuming they are benign. As much as I workout I would be in trouble! I had AVNRT (atrial ventriculur nodal re-entrant tachycardia) for my whole life until the end of February 2010 when I had an ablation and it has worked (woohoo). But the electrophysiologists told me I would still have the PAC/PVC's and to just ignore them so I do. They used to oftentimes turn into a heart rate of 180 - 240. I've had so many of those in my lifetime and I managed to get to 52 and be pretty healthy so sometimes I think worrying about them is worse than just ignoring them. I get mine a lot more than once a week! Sometimes when working out I get them a number of times. If they continued on for longer than a few seconds I would worry but they don't and I ignore them and keep going. If I keep getting them sometimes I slow down the workout a bit but I never stop! So, at my age if I can workout and get them and do fine you should be good to go!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread