It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
(male)

jahennes HB User
Fish Oil & Aspirin

Has anyone opted for fish oil and aspirin over Coumadin, in their AF treatment?
I am thinking seriously about it.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
(female)

anneh HB Useranneh HB User
Re: Fish Oil & Aspirin

Yes I take a baby aspirin every other day. I take fish oil/magnesium/hawthorn/vitamin C etc and walk daily and stay slim. They put me on a beta blocker but I weaned off when I realized how harmful they can be. anneh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahennes View Post
Has anyone opted for fish oil and aspirin over Coumadin, in their AF treatment?
I am thinking seriously about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
(male)

jahennes HB User

"They put me on a beta blocker but I weaned off when I realized how harmful they can be."

Are you on any medicines for "rate control", Anneh? I have been on a beta blocker for a week and am not excited about it.

Thanks,

Jack

Old 11-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

You really shouldn't cease any medication without consulting your doctor, it can be dangerous.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:22 AM   #5
(female)

Could be useful for you to be on it for a short while (never come off a beta blocker abruptly, can cause a heart attack). Do they know why you went into AF? Cardiologist put me on nadalol after my AF episode. Could hardly walk or get around on the dose he put me on plus bp dipped so low I felt weak. Then I did alot of research and also met two people with AF who just use a high dose beta blocker when they go into AF. I am not on anything now except my supplements.

IF there is no other recourse then so be it but I did lots of research and found that taking supplements for the heart can work out much better. Depends on what else you have wrong. Are you in right weight, exercising, eating loads of fresh fruits/vegetables (DASH diet). I forgot to mention a very important supplement I am on is CoQ10 (Jarrow) and the magensium glycinate/taurine/fish oil/hawthorn etc.Also look up Could be useful for you to be on it for a short while (never come off a beta blocker abruptly, can cause a heart attack). Do they know why you went into AF? Cardiologist put me on nadalol after my AF episode. Could hardly walk or get around on the dose he put me on plus bp dipped so low I felt weak. Then I did alot of research and also met two people with AF who just use a high dose beta blocker when they go into AF. I am not on anything now except my supplements. IF there is no other recourse then so be it but I did lots of research and found that taking supplements for the heart can work out much better. Depends on what else you have wrong. Are you in right weight, exercising, eating loads of fresh fruits/vegetables (DASH diet). I forgot to mention a very important supplement I am on is CoQ10 (Jarrow) and the magensium glycinate/taurine/fish oil/hawthorn etc. Here is a useful discussion site afibbers.net

Last edited by anneh; 12-01-2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 12-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
(male)

jahennes HB User

anneh, I was put on oxygen therapy 24/7 a year and a half ago (congestive heart failure). The permanent AF is a progression of my desease.

I have been in constant tachycardia for about three months now. I don't know how much of my symptoms are because of my tach or because of the medicines which have been added to for about six weeks, which I might say to little avail. The Diltiazem brought the high rate bpm down from the 160's to 145. After that it was Digoxin and now Coreg which seem to have little or no effect, except to make me feel worse.

I have an appointment with the Doctor on Tuesday and we'll see where we go from there. I am all about weight loss and supplements; a regiment I have been adding too as I become more informed.

Thanks,

Jack

Old 12-02-2010, 08:31 AM   #7
(female)

Katiequiggle HB User

What are the beta blockers called not sure if I'm on them or not. I do take 75mg of dispersable asprin and a fish oil capsule every day which are prescribed.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
(female)

beta blockers usually end with ol (nadalol/atenol for instance). But do a google check for your meds and you will know. Its wise to know exactly what we are taking and what the side effects are. If I had not found out side effects of nadalol I would have some serious issues healthwise. anneh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiequiggle View Post
What are the beta blockers called not sure if I'm on them or not. I do take 75mg of dispersable asprin and a fish oil capsule every day which are prescribed.

The Following User Says Thank You to anneh For This Useful Post:
Katiequiggle (12-02-2010)
Closed Thread